Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
China's "spy balloon", is this just a case of Pink Floyd's pig ?

And if so, would it be called Piglet ?
if the Muricans sent a 'weather balloon' over Chinese Airspace, I'm sure it would have been shot down almost immediately.

Also, getting deeper in with the Muricans does Australia FA good. Let them have a pissing contest with China by themselves, IMO.
The LNP should have been wiped out of existance for this BS about Nuclear submarines from the yanks. Billions of dollars and Aus won't get what we paid for anyway, but we will get guilt-tripped into a bunch of conflicts Aus should stay the fark away from, IMO.

ForkinGreat

Yeah, Brandon certainly dropped the biscuit on that one. Tragic ol bastard
Biden??
we just have to wait for him to not wake up from a nap, and then you'll have Harris, and some cardboard cutout to be VP I guess.
I blissfully stay out of the loop with Murican politics/poo flinging, now that the Orange shitstain isn't in charge.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
if the Muricans sent a 'weather balloon' over Chinese Airspace, I'm sure it would have been shot down almost immediately.
Yes. And all that debris would have landed on soil, and potentially on top of property and citizens. Fine in China when you can just pretend it never happened, but in the more transparent USA the risks of shooting something down over land with NFI what's in it or what may happen when you do isn't really ideal, despite what your average Republican congressman says. And that's not even taking into account the practical considerations of shooting it down.

safreek

Yes. And all that debris would have landed on soil, and potentially on top of property and citizens. Fine in China when you can just pretend it never happened, but in the more transparent USA the risks of shooting something down over land with NFI what's in it or what may happen when you do isn't really ideal, despite what your average Republican congressman says. And that's not even taking into account the practical considerations of shooting it down.
I would of thought with all the open space in Montana there would of been a window of opportunities galore.
Let's just hit it with a missile overe the ocean to make sure we will probably never know the truth

safreek

Biden??
we just have to wait for him to not wake up from a nap, and then you'll have Harris, and some cardboard cutout to be VP I guess.
I blissfully stay out of the loop with Murican politics/poo flinging, now that the Orange shitstain isn't in charge.
I don't follow it apart from impartially. I think they both sick the big one, whoever is in power I bag. I'm hoping trump gets in power again so I can have a good ol laff continuously

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Also, getting deeper in with the Muricans does Australia FA good. Let them have a pissing contest with China by themselves, IMO.
The LNP should have been wiped out of existance for this BS about Nuclear submarines from the yanks. Billions of dollars and Aus won't get what we paid for anyway, but we will get guilt-tripped into a bunch of conflicts Aus should stay the fark away from, IMO.
You may have a different perspective if you knew what life is like under the influence of the Party.

The United States is far from perfect (aren't we all?), but the US led order is infinitely preferable to one lead by the CCP.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The thing I don't like about the CPP is that they're bringing up things that others countries done in the past, and the other countries themselves have learnt from and they wouldn't do it again in current day, as some type of retort for what the CPP can get try to get away with.

ForkinGreat

You may have a different perspective if you knew what life is like under the influence of the Party.

The United States is far from perfect (aren't we all?), but the US led order is infinitely preferable to one lead by the CCP.
for sure, but do we have to be America's bitch and follow them into stupid conflicts?

dazz

Downhill Dazz
The thing I don't like about the CPP is that they're bringing up things that others countries done in the past, and the other countries themselves have learnt from and they wouldn't do it again in current day, as some type of retort for what the CPP can get try to get away with.
I agree. The CPP has been out of control for way too long, that damn Canadian Pension Plan committing atrocities, while claiming they are simply providing a better life for their senior demographic. Everybody pays the price!

Seriously though, I'm totally with Johnny. My desire to have as little to do with and be protected from the reach of the CCP is strong. I feel the best/ easiest/ most efficient way to achieve that is to ally with a large and powerful military. The U.S. has a strong desire to have a presence in the Pacific and has the largest defence budget in the western world, so they are the obvious choice. They also have a record of not being afraid to jump into a fight.

Aligning with them shouldn't mean we need to 'be their bitch' or 'follow them into stupid conflicts', it could mean that we have the opportunity to influence decisions made. The level of influence needs to be realistic though, probably a similar proportion to the bar graphs below...

We are a minnow by comparison.
1675811501458.png

Our population is 7.9% the size of the U.S. and our defence budget is 4.7% of what they spend, meaning we spend significantly less per capita on defence than they do. I also suspect that we get much poorer value for money from our defence budget than the yanks.

Recent events on the other side of the planet only strengthen my view.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
In case anyone is wondering on the $$$, based on a quick Hambo and simple math, our yearly spend is sitting at about $2000 per person vs $3350 per person for 'merica. (Both in AUD)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I agree. The CPP has been out of control for way too long, that damn Canadian Pension Plan committing atrocities, while claiming they are simply providing a better life for their senior demographic. Everybody pays the price!

Seriously though, I'm totally with Johnny. My desire to have as little to do with and be protected from the reach of the CCP is strong. I feel the best/ easiest/ most efficient way to achieve that is to ally with a large and powerful military. The U.S. has a strong desire to have a presence in the Pacific and has the largest defence budget in the western world, so they are the obvious choice. They also have a record of not being afraid to jump into a fight.

Aligning with them shouldn't mean we need to 'be their bitch' or 'follow them into stupid conflicts', it could mean that we have the opportunity to influence decisions made. The level of influence needs to be realistic though, probably a similar proportion to the bar graphs below...

We are a minnow by comparison.
View attachment 396841

Our population is 7.9% the size of the U.S. and our defence budget is 4.7% of what they spend, meaning we spend significantly less per capita on defence than they do. I also suspect that we get much poorer value for money from our defence budget than the yanks.

Recent events on the other side of the planet only strengthen my view.
Yeah, stealing intellectual property knowing that the US have filed the most patents, the Tiananmen Square incident, the bullying of the Filipinos in the south sea is all a kool act of bravery in protecting 'the people', Not.