Runt/SD Components VS Coil

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
P.s. have no experience with Push but when I was choosing, it wasn't hard to see the air based bottom out spring was a halfway house solution. Reports were the setting would wander as the fork heats up or large ambient temp changes.
I've had a Push Coil in my Fox 36's since their kit became available. I love it and can say I have seen no evidence of any settings wandering. That's obvisouly a survey of 1 so I can't speak for anyone else. Mine has been rock solid. I fail to see how it's a "halfway house solution" mate. Push don't do halfway anything in my experience. I've had an ElevenSix for, shit, 6 years I think. Mine was the first in the country. Pairing it with the Coil kit on the fork has been a match made in heaven. This set up will follow me to my next bike. And the next. In fact seeing as you can only get a Push on certain bikes, the ElevenSix will determine my next frame not the other way around. Push is that good.

Smashpot hydraulic bottom out much more consistent
Sorry mate but I call bullshit on statements like this. If you are spending that much time bottoming out to say it's more consistent then something ain't set up right or you are the most in-tune rider on the planet. I don't believe anyone can say "oh that was a consistent bottom out " in that split second it happens. I've heard plenty of people say this and it has the feel of marketing speak. I'm sure Vorspung have dyno'd it and it's quite possibly true but how does that translate to us in the real world. I don't think it does. Push and Vorsprung offer a solution to those of us that like coils. They are a different approach but both are premium and rock solid. I simply don't believe that more consistent bottom out is the reason to chose one over the other. It's all about how it rides in the part of the travel that it spends most of its time in and I'd suggest that would be the first 2/3ish. Both are excellent in that regard. Anyway take it or leave it, not trying to flame you, just think it needs to be said.

Cheers Scott.

teK--

Eats Squid
I've had a Push Coil in my Fox 36's since their kit became available. I love it and can say I have seen no evidence of any settings wandering. That's obvisouly a survey of 1 so I can't speak for anyone else. Mine has been rock solid. I fail to see how it's a "halfway house solution" mate. Push don't do halfway anything in my experience. I've had an ElevenSix for, shit, 6 years I think. Mine was the first in the country. Pairing it with the Coil kit on the fork has been a match made in heaven. This set up will follow me to my next bike. And the next. In fact seeing as you can only get a Push on certain bikes, the ElevenSix will determine my next frame not the other way around. Push is that good.

Sorry mate but I call bullshit on statements like this. If you are spending that much time bottoming out to say it's more consistent then something ain't set up right or you are the most in-tune rider on the planet. I don't believe anyone can say "oh that was a consistent bottom out " in that split second it happens. I've heard plenty of people say this and it has the feel of marketing speak. I'm sure Vorspung have dyno'd it and it's quite possibly true but how does that translate to us in the real world. I don't think it does. Push and Vorsprung offer a solution to those of us that like coils. They are a different approach but both are premium and rock solid. I simply don't believe that more consistent bottom out is the reason to chose one over the other. It's all about how it rides in the part of the travel that it spends most of its time in and I'd suggest that would be the first 2/3ish. Both are excellent in that regard. Anyway take it or leave it, not trying to flame you, just think it needs to be said.

Cheers Scott.
Hi Scotty

I have no first hand experience with the Push Coil; only from what I read from reviews and forums when I was deciding. So your personal experience maybe different. What I read seemed plausible so I accepted it on face value.

The smashpot bottom out takes effect from about the start of the last 1/3 of the travel. So you don't need to bottom out to feel that the progression can change either by adjusting the dial or due to large ambient temp changes.

The smashpot definitely firms up in Winter morning rides, and this can be compensated for by opening up the adjuster. This shows an influence from the hydraulic bottom out system, and that it is not only due to the oil in the damper thickening up. I have also moved some of the shims in the bottom out stack, so I have a wide range of settings available for use all through the seasons and trail conditions.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Scotty

I have no first hand experience with the Push Coil; only from what I read from reviews and forums when I was deciding. So your personal experience maybe different. What I read seemed plausible so I accepted it on face value.

The smashpot bottom out takes effect from about the start of the last 1/3 of the travel. So you don't need to bottom out to feel that the progression can change either by adjusting the dial or due to large ambient temp changes.

The smashpot definitely firms up in Winter morning rides, and this can be compensated for by opening up the adjuster. This shows an influence from the hydraulic bottom out system, and that it is not only due to the oil in the damper thickening up. I have also moved some of the shims in the bottom out stack, so I have a wide range of settings available for use all through the seasons and trail conditions.
I’d say the Push is the same with their air bump stop. It def starts coming in the last 1/3 of travel. And you can change the ramp up by adding or subtracting air pressure and it is noticeable. But I feel that’s more the system ramping up rather than a bottom out. I have done that pretty rarely and only when I’ve cocked it up badly.
That aside it’s good info and interesting how the smashpot firms up in the cold.

cheers Scott.