Rums

Hools

Likes Dirt
There is also that horrid shit Malibu, that tastes like I imagine coconut sun tan lotion would.
TBH, I think any naturally derived coconut flavour is going to be on the subtle side.
Coconut itself is a subtle flavour, you would need to condense it somehow to make it richer. The rum you’ve made [mention]pink poodle [/mention] sounds excellent!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is also that horrid shit Malibu, that tastes like I imagine coconut sun tan lotion would.
TBH, I think any naturally derived coconut flavour is going to be on the subtle side.
See that's the end goal here - a natural alternative to Malibu...with (hopefully) a higher ABV as well.

Im Thinking I'll need to do a few batches to get the intensity I'm after.

One of my other mixes is gin + strawberry. Usually about 500ml to a punnet. Soak until the strawberries go white. Strain off, make some jam, and then add the now very pink gin to another punnet of strawberries and repeat. The end product is fucking great. Goes well with vodka as well. Haven't tried rum + strawberry yet.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
See that's the end goal here - a natural alternative to Malibu...with (hopefully) a higher ABV as well.

Im Thinking I'll need to do a few batches to get the intensity I'm after.

One of my other mixes is gin + strawberry. Usually about 500ml to a punnet. Soak until the strawberries go white. Strain off, make some jam, and then add the now very pink gin to another punnet of strawberries and repeat. The end product is fucking great. Goes well with vodka as well. Haven't tried rum + strawberry yet.
I've done similar with Bombay Sapphire and finger lime, it made the best martinis I've ever had.
Not saying this will work but maybe boil up some shredded coconut as if you were making a stock then strain and reduce it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've done similar with Bombay Sapphire and finger lime, it made the best martinis I've ever had.
Not saying this will work but maybe boil up some shredded coconut as if you were making a stock then strain and reduce it.
Will that smash the ABV down substantially?

My cousin farms said limes. They are so fucking good.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
No, no, no. You misunderstood or I'm shit at explaining. Don't cook the rum. Boil the coconut in water, get out all the flavour, strain, reduce it down then add it to your rum.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No, no, no. You misunderstood or I'm shit at explaining. Don't cook the rum. Boil the coconut in water, get out all the flavour, strain, reduce it down then add it to your rum.
That's what I thought you meant. That will still reduce the abv, in the se way that adding water would?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This kind of cake...

Also giving some consideration to putting the rum and some fresh coconut into the blender, soaking it up for a few days, then running it through a coffee filter.