Rugby World Cup 2015

scblack

Leucocholic
So the World Cup has started in England this weekend. Who's watching? Who's going to win? The All Blacks don't win World Cups away from home, so it gives England, Australia and South Africa something of a boost.

So far I've watched England beat Fiji, France beat Italy and Japan are playing very well against South Africa.

Australia are in the pool of death with England and Wales so that'll be tough for us to progress to quarter finals.

I am upgrading my Foxtel on T-Box to satellite so I can actually record games on the IQ3 box.

Who's watching, who's lucky enough to be over there going?

Discuss.

Brilliant to see Japan upset the Boks with that 34-32 win!

Feel bad for Fiji & their pool draw. Guess we'll know how well the Wallabies have prepared once they face them tomorrow.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Australia's group is a tough one. Wales are missing some influential players and England were dreadful against Fiji, so Aus should get out in the top 2.
England won't win it, the pressure of a home world Cup and their habit of choking will see them just scrape through from the group stage with Aus.
NZ are always a threat, but hard to look past them. True they don't travel well, but strength in depth and being defending champions will stand well to them.

My tip.... Ireland for the win!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Ireland is my "if it's not NZ" tip as well. Winning the 6 nations two years running they really do look like a quality outfit. Plus, they're not England.

So excited that Japan got over the line against SA, and in such an exciting fashion too.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, England huh! Ahahaaaa! They played like a bunch of sore losers in the last quarter, I'm glad they got drilled.
Australia can win this contest, it's not outo f the question. Mind you, the All Blacks have seemed to be on a Sunday drive with a couple of their games. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, it's time for the final! It can be a close game but I cannot see the Wallabies taking the All Blacks down. Mind you, South Africa didn't go too well scoring tries against them so if the Wallabies can find gaps in the All Blacks defense then it could be on.

My pick: All Blacks 20 to beat the Wallabies 12.

scblack

Leucocholic
The big game is coming!

I am now going to set up my Foxtel GO system to watch it on my laptop. I have a school reunion Saturday night and staying in a hotel at Gosford.

I honestly don't see us winning, but AllBlacks have shown they are beatable. But can we focus well enough on tight rugby and not spill the ball too much?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A few of the last games have seen some guys get put in the bin for pretty amateur shit that they shouldn't be doing. Having that body out of the defensive line has seen every team score for it. If that crap keeps going then it'll cost a nation the title. Anther thing I've noticed is each time it's rained mid game, the losing team has fired up and made some runs!

The quality of play this world cup has been great, the packed stands have also been great to see but holy fuckballs I've been annoyed at the useless soccer chants the Pom's keep singing in totally irrelevant situations. Y'all know I detest soccer, it's loaded with unsporting pricks and bored fans who only take the chance to sing some shit song because the game is that boring that they need something to do.

I'm pretty sure John Eales would be hiding under a rock after his view's on people supporting the All Blacks were aired. I know it's tongue in cheek what was said but using a reference to ISIS is a bit steep old mate!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Ireland is my "if it's not NZ" tip as well. Winning the 6 nations two years running they really do look like a quality outfit. Plus, they're not England.

So excited that Japan got over the line against SA, and in such an exciting fashion too.
There's only one way I can still be right... but I hope I'm wrong!