RT86 vs RT76 Rotors

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
For normal style riding, not long continuous descents or continuous hard braking, do you really think there's that much in between the RT76 rotors and the Ice-tecs? I need a new set of rotors for my XTs because of a change of wheelset and the RT76s are almost half the price... Anyone ran both to give me some feedback? Plus I'm also going to go from a 160 to a 180 on the back which will help with heat dissipation since I'm fitting new rotors.

moorey

call me Mia
I've mixed and matched, and not noticed a difference. That's with trail and a bit of gravity, not long DH runs (203F/180R, and finned pads)

redbruce

Eats Squid
For normal style riding, not long continuous descents or continuous hard braking, do you really think there's that much in between the RT76 rotors and the Ice-tecs? I need a new set of rotors for my XTs because of a change of wheelset and the RT76s are almost half the price... Anyone ran both to give me some feedback? Plus I'm also going to go from a 160 to a 180 on the back which will help with heat dissipation since I'm fitting new rotors.
I've noticed no difference between the two in that application.

DMan

Yeah pretty much what I hoped. I'll grab a set. Cheers

Sent from the USS Enterprise

Ideate

I've used both and now am using SLX. Again no difference. Longest run tested would Thredbo so not alps but long enough to notice something. I actually prefer SLX look too now.

DMan

Done and ordered. Mods can close this if they like...

teK--

Eats Squid
The difference is the ice techs bend more easily and are harder to straighten when they do too. I would never use them again.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The difference is the ice techs bend more easily and are harder to straighten when they do too.
This is true.

I've found Ice Techs to have some benefit when you are working the brakes hard, but for normal stuff there's stuff all difference.

DMan

That's pretty much what I'd worked out but I thought I'd check. Plus they're expensive.

madstace

Likes Dirt
I've got both on 2 different wheel sets. Second set has road tyres so different application (but have run both on the dirt), but from what I remember the 76s seem to have a bit more initial bite, but the 86s had a bit more fade resistance. Not much in it either way, would probably stick to 76s if buying again.