Round #9 VES...Major Pain 6 Hour...30 October

Redirzo

Squid
My thanks to the guys & girls at Shepparton for their hosting of the last round of the 2011 VES. A great course, worthy of its place in a State Series, well organised and a friendly bunch of people. I, and I think everyone who made the effort to attend and support their inagural XC Enduro, had positive things to say of the Organisers and this event. The fact that there were so many no-shows did not detract from the day or reflect on this event. Well done Shepparton!

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
I totally agree with the sentiments of Redirzo and others who have given positive feedback on this event.
Yes it was dissapointing and confusing that there was no presence of series organizers, but as a stand-alone event it was great.
I'm not sure why the numbers were down but I bet there's more than a few people out there just feeling worn out at the end of the year, and with all the races that have been on lately, you simply can't do them all.

Something that I think hasn't been pushed enough is the fact that the trail network at Mount Major has been designed and built by World Trails. Normally club spokespeople are wetting themselves even when they have only 50m of track built by World Trails and are using this as promotion to get people to come to their events. But I hadn't heard anything about this until I came to Mount Major for the first time and chatted with the club members.

It was a very unique course and one that you can look back on and distinguish from all the other rounds. Well worth checking out for one of their races or just a social ride.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Well I can tell you why we werent there... we would have been...but for some reason it has been decided to hold a 6hr in the series every year on the Melbourne Cup long weekend. For us, and I know a lot of others, this is an opportunity to go away on a bit of a vacation, so we miss out on the race every year. If it was not this weekend, we would have gone, so nothing personal to the event or location :) hopefully next year Shep will be on a different weekend and we can come!