Rotorburn strava

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
for a fleeting moment I was on the leaderboard for last week and I didn't get a screen shot
i was coming on here to whinge.complain about strava software not coping with gondola/shuttle/chairlift, it’s annoying cos the 1 thing i monitor strava for is vert gain, now all these e-bikes are doing rides with 3-4k very, that study showing e-bike riders exert 95% compared to a traditional pedal is shite..get done of the macedon e-bikers off their extra watts & they are cooked riding just q run

second part is when i finish whinging i saw this , so now i’m gloating..straight to the pool rm (as long as @Ackland doesn’t suddenly join & reveal his climbing data

thirdly can the admin change the primary key from km’s to hours?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
We were talking about strava in some other thread, but thought I'd bring it back here.

Just signed up for the free 2 months. Will see how it goes and then decide if worth $82/year.

Who is sticking with it / jumping ship?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
We were talking about strava in some other thread, but thought I'd bring it back here.

Just signed up for the free 2 months. Will see how it goes and then decide if worth $82/year.

Jump ship to what?

The alternative would have to have an instantly recognisable name to yell at slower riders to scare them off the trails. Also do we continue calling shortcuts "strava lines" or do we update this?

So many questions

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still does everything I use it for. Tracking my time and mileages on the bikes, individual bike/component mileages.
But bummed I cant check the Rotorburn / friends segment time boards any more!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Decided I was done with 'Premium' around 2 years ago after about 5 years of paying. Forgot I paid it annually and had just paid for the full year 3 months previous, so was still a premium member for a further 9 months.

The new changes don't make any difference to me these days, I only use it to log rides/KMs... years gone by I would open it 5 times a day to give friends kudos, now I only open the app and give kudos when I log a ride myself.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Dont even want to think about how much I spend on bikes, parts, gear and riding trips every year..... whats another $80.

Daniel Hale

Never used Strava. I’m already paying the $120 a year for Rotorburn Premium.
that include the automatic Moorey block? might b a worthwhile investment

on strava 1 use it to log hr/elevation mostly, 1 feature i did like was comparing my times on segments, am i getting faster, is this/that bike quicker

discofrank

Likes Dirt
now if they where smart and they are not ( strava ) just look at the Bluetooth shit
they would do it all for $1 per month as that would probably get close on 90% plus users to pay up making them even more money...
and being such a small amount most of us would forget about it

dan76n

Likes Bikes
I reckon they’ve thought about / market researched this a little more than any of us have and know their own business. Their aim is to make the most money obviously, not make more people happy necessarily.
Agreed, and I’m sure they are expecting quite a bit of backlash.
I personally think the fee is too high but in a few months time I might miss the features too much and just pay it. Might become one of my bday presents or something like that. ( no worse than socks and undies I guess).
I’ve been running a bit and the matched run feature was very handy for monitoring progress so I’d say a lot of runners will pay up.
I think most People look at the segments and compare themselves to their friends but I can see this feature losing its followers as it really requires all of your own followers to also pay for the premium service to keep it interesting.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Am I reading this ^^^^^ correctly?

So if someone decides to pay the premium, because they like the feature of seeing their times vs their mates, they are going to see nothing unless their mates sign up too?

If that's the case, that is shit.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

So if someone decides to pay the premium, because they like the feature of seeing their times vs their mates, they are going to see nothing unless their mates sign up too?
no if you sign up you get to see the whole segment leaderboard, currently you get top 10, lists your time also but not position

dan76n

Likes Bikes

If that's the case, that is shit.

Sorry I probably didn’t word that too well. I meant it along the lines that If your mates don’t have premium they can’t access theirs and their followers segment times so they won’t be that interested in competing with you.
Most of the fun with segments is how you rank against those you are following, unless you are a beast and have a stack of KOM’s and rank in top 10 for most segments.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I love having Troy and Connor as local lads. They set good times to chase. Now I can't falsely inflate my ego, when I'm quicker than them on some random segment.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My mate rode with his watch and his phone recording the same ride over the weekend, some segments were faster by 30 seconds or more on the phone. Very few were faster on the watch, and only by a couple of seconds. I think it's safe to say that if you aren't running a military grade GPS you can't trust every segment and phones appear to give you faster times in general. So really, the only valid segment challenge is yourself using the same device each time.

I really hope they consolidate segments with our money, it's so stupid when there are 12 of the same segment.

sbm

Likes Bikes
I got to the point where I assumed most of the top times were invalid one way or the other. In some ways I think this is partially a community service on Strava's part as maybe it will help curb the worst of kom and cup chasing hooning on trails.

For myself I'd maybe pay, at half of what they're asking. Really, my reaction was not "ah yes leaderboards are worth paying for" but "ah it might be for the best, really I should get an MTBA license and try some actual real racing if I want to see how fast I can be"

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really I should get an MTBA license and try some actual real racing if I want to see how fast I can be"
Don't do that. Bad Idea, I tried it.

Doing a real race put me in my place very quickly lol , went from generally high up in strava to very mid pack in reality ha ha