Rotorburn strava

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
3rd party was using a Wahu (I think) GPS, and I use my phone. Not sure what you used though, but subtle differences in hardware and gps's could account for the differences...
I also used my phone. And ours were pretty close.

Hrm.

rockmoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Followed the other half through Derby tunnel, both using the same garmins linked to the same phones. She was 13s, I was 2min+.

Most rides where I follow her, so our times should be identical, there are differences.

I almost always end up doing more km, and more elevation too.

Identical set ups.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I also used my phone. And ours were pretty close.
Yeah GPS can be a bit variable, particularly on twisty single track where the pings might not be close enough together to collect every twist and turn of every metre of track, or where dense tree cover disrupts the satellite connection etc... Also Strava will take your data and reconcile it against other users and their basemap etc to identify segments and so on so there can be some unpredictability in outcomes. Could be that the other guy's Wahoo collected/calculates data differently - or just that he forgot to press "start" until halfway up the first climb...

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Followed the other half through Derby tunnel, both using the same garmins linked to the same phones. She was 13s, I was 2min+.

Most rides where I follow her, so our times should be identical, there are differences.

I almost always end up doing more km, and more elevation too.

Identical set ups.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
The Derby Tunnel is a weird one. In November 2019 I got a KOM on that of 3 seconds!!! Fricken Time Warp through the tunnel.

I was mildly disappointed a few months later when someone pipped me by a second with a stunning time of 2s! That's happened a few more times since, so I'm now in 4th place... Just gotta get back there I suppose and really put the effort it o_O