Rotorburn postal service

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
That's actually illegal. Cash is called legal tender for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The question is, can a business legally refuse to accept a consumer’s ‘legal tender’ (such as official Australian coins or banknotes) as payment?

The answer is yes. Currency and legal tender in Australia is governed by two primary pieces of legislation: the Currency Act 1965 (Cth); and the Reserve Bank Act 1959 (Cth). Importantly, there is no law against a business refusing to accept cash for goods and services. Businesses are within their rights to set the commercial terms upon which payment will take place before the ‘contract’ for supply of goods or services is entered into.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The card fee though...wasn't there something about stopping douche bags doing that? One of my favourite local haunts went cashless for a few months in the covid heat and still charged their 1% card fee. I wasn't happy! But I wasn't deterred. My favourite Chinese grocery store was taking Osko transactions rather than cash.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's actually illegal. Cash is called legal tender for a reason.
Adelaide Oval does not accept cash at any food or beverage outlet, card only and the reason given is it speeds up service.

If you have cash only, you can put it into a machine and it spits you out a 'cash card' charged with whatever you put on it.

There are no card fees charged for any card used within the Oval.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
She then insinuated that it was all very strange that an older man was doing favours for a 15yr old from Tasmania that he didnt know and what was I expecting to get out of it... and she did not know what to do about the whole situation.
I can see how this looks weird but it’s also what I love about rotorburn. Good on you @ozzybmx sounds like a ball ache but it’s awesome that you did all that and I will be looking for any chance to help you out where I can in the future.
On a side note, it has me thinking that we need to set up an amateur solicitor service for RB members. I’m sure there are times when it would be of be good to have @pink poodle call someone to act on my behalf to circumvent a legal issue or maybe have @safreek swing by to make a proposal in person and sort things out nice and quick.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The question is, can a business legally refuse to accept a consumer’s ‘legal tender’ (such as official Australian coins or banknotes) as payment?

The answer is yes. Currency and legal tender in Australia is governed by two primary pieces of legislation: the Currency Act 1965 (Cth); and the Reserve Bank Act 1959 (Cth). Importantly, there is no law against a business refusing to accept cash for goods and services. Businesses are within their rights to set the commercial terms upon which payment will take place before the ‘contract’ for supply of goods or services is entered into.
That's actually a separate question regarding the sale of goods.

If all you got is cash (because you're credit card doesn't work) you have a common law right to discharge any debtor claims with cash.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can see how this looks weird but it’s also what I love about rotorburn. Good on you @ozzybmx sounds like a ball ache but it’s awesome that you did all that and I will be looking for any chance to help you out where I can in the future.
On a side note, it has me thinking that we need to set up an amateur solicitor service for RB members. I’m sure there are times when it would be of be good to have @pink poodle call someone to act on my behalf to circumvent a legal issue or maybe have @safreek swing by to make a proposal in person and sort things out nice and quick.
We work as a team. I shoot my mouth off and he...finalised the payment. Our uniforms are a little unconventional, but very sharp!

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Hi all, I hope this is the correct place to post this, I'm looking for a fellow Burner to collect a frame from Canberra and drop off to Sydney CBD area or Northern Beaches. Obviously there would be remuneration in the form of cash, or beer, or both!

Please reach out if interested.

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Hi all, I hope this is the correct place to post this, I'm looking for a fellow Burner to collect a frame from Canberra and drop off to Sydney CBD area or Northern Beaches. Obviously there would be remuneration in the form of cash, or beer, or both!

Please reach out if interested.

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Bumping this - any one from Canberra headed up that way? Or anyone heading down from Sydney for some Stromlo riding?

Alternatively, what are some good courier options for CBR-SYD for frames and wheelsets etc (bulky light things)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Bumping this - any one from Canberra headed up that way? Or anyone heading down from Sydney for some Stromlo riding?

Alternatively, what are some good courier options for CBR-SYD for frames and wheelsets etc (bulky light things)
e-go depot to depot is cheap, and overnight, auspost = frame boxesare slightly too big for -doesn't make 1 m rule, have used them for wheels though