Rotorburn postal service

teK--

Eats Squid
Happy to take EFT rather than counting out cash in a driveway or some other meet place. What am I gonna to with a wad of cash anyway?

Hardly any shops keep change nor want to accept it anymore.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Happy to take EFT rather than counting out cash in a driveway or some other meet place. What am I gonna to with a wad of cash anyway?

Hardly any shops keep change nor want to accept it anymore.
Really? I don't think I've come across a shop that won't accept cash.

moorey

call me Mia
Tassie was 20yrs behind rAdelaide according to the Vic and NSW'ers, with you's lot living in 1970, no wonder houses are so expensive ;)
FIFY.

That said, Farkin house prices. Glad we aren’t dealing with it, but I pity my poor kids in a few years time, and they’ll have it easy compared to city folk.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
FIFY.

That said, Farkin house prices. Glad we aren’t dealing with it, but I pity my poor kids in a few years time, and they’ll have it easy compared to city folk.
They'll just live with you until you die and get your house no? Isn't that how it works now?

teK--

Eats Squid
Really? I don't think I've come across a shop that won't accept cash.
Had one shop that didn't have change, and their EFTPOS machine was down (the usual trick to make you pay cash, except this time it was real).

So they asked me to EFT them funds for the meal... weirdest transaction ever.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Had one shop that didn't have change, and their EFTPOS machine was down (the usual trick to make you pay cash, except this time it was real).

So they asked me to EFT them funds for the meal... weirdest transaction ever.
Had a restaurant in Sydney a couple of days ago that said they prefer card and didn't even have a register. Then proceed to charge 2.7% card surcharge even though there was no other option.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I dont deal with people apart from socially, then if they talk shit, I walk away.

I was caught here between the buyer and seller with half a shipment, not partial to conversations happening in the background between them, getting it in the neck by his mother.

I had no idea of the age of the seller, buyer or what was required by me.

If I had someone pick up a full bike for me plus swing arm, I would be calling a bike shop to package and send, not expecting the mule to pick up, deal with the extra items, deal with the bullshit from the seller, go get a bike box, pack it carefully and send it via courier.

Without the waiting time for the courier, this was an 8 hour, 80km detour from my normal life. Picking up shit, Officeworks for printing, scouting 2 shopping centres for cash as the transaction was not done by internet, waiting at the house as the seller wasn't there, picking up bike box, packing, dealing with 40 txt messages, 4 pages of PM with Lucaw.

I'm good for next postage favour but I'll be asking some details :p
Sounds like Lucaw needs to get his parents to forgo his pocket money to buy you a case of your favorite beverage delivered to your doorstep.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I transfered the money beforehand, and i feel really shit that it was so shit
Don't feel too bad about it sunshine. You didn't make the vendor and his mum arseholes. Just let Ozzy know how much you appreciate his help, send him a Valentine's card, ride the fucking bike, post lots of picks, go for a ride with him next time he is in Tasmania, and above all else...save up enough money to not need to buy another piece of shit when this bike dies!

As for paying cash...I love it for second hand items. The dodgier I can make it feel the better too! Meet me in the dark carpark, I'm the guy in all black.

As for shops not taking it, get used to it folks. When has anyone ever busted into your shop or held you up with a pair of scissors to steal your EFTPOS machine? Stuff can't slip a note out of the EFTPOS or give the wrong change. You save a bunch of time at the end of the day not counting cash and tying to work out where that $20 that's missing has gone. It's great until it isn't. EFTPOS down sucks arse.

Because I forgot my glasses, clearly....and thought you were talking about YOU coming to live in my house, clearly :oops:

If anyone needs me I'm busy packing for the move to regional Victoria. It can't be any worse than Perth.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Had a restaurant in Sydney a couple of days ago that said they prefer card and didn't even have a register. Then proceed to charge 2.7% card surcharge even though there was no other option.
That's actually illegal. Cash is called legal tender for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk