Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I still wouldn't trust them based on how many lemons they've brought to the market. Crap shoot anyone?
5yr warranty standard, 10yr warranty if you have done all the services through a Mitsi garage.

Never owned one to test out the warranty, but sounds ok as a selling point.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
No fried ECU or flooded anything?
oh there were issues!..have a short vid of the engine being cranked over with the injectors removed to pump the water out of the block, can confirm that engine has great compression ;)
our mechanic pulled out the seats and all the interior to split every electrical plug to "de-water" all the connections..the only thing that got fried was the airbag module which is mounted quite low under the dash, as the water level came up to the steering wheel
The thing that saved it was that I switched off the engine as soon as I realised that we had no chance of backing out, therefore didn't force a shitload of water down its throat.

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
If only he was around to tell us about how it’s going?
Really well thanks!

I just need to get replacement headrests and I have a five star ANCAP rated vehicle :)

We're heading to Chillagoe next month then to Winton/Richmond/Hughenden next April.

I now have a TAG towbar fitted and a Redarc brake controller installed so now we save for a camper trailer for the new year.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Really well thanks!

I just need to get replacement headrests and I have a five star ANCAP rated vehicle :)

We're heading to Chillagoe next month then to Winton/Richmond/Hughenden next April.

I now have a TAG towbar fitted and a Redarc brake controller installed so now we save for a camper trailer for the new year.
welcome back

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Alternatively but also cool as fuck
View attachment 378665
So a mate just picked one of these up for a pretty good price (that colour - just with the giant period correct 4WD stickers). Took me for a quick spin last night.

Holy shit. No no seriously - holy shit - it's still good! I assumed the rose tinted glasses would be firmly in place and the average Brumby would feel pretty antiquated these days but nup. Sounded good, felt tight as a drum (circa 250,000km) lively, responsive, excellent ride quality and just felt like a really fun little bus.

Dunno whether he's just grabbed a really good example or they're all like that but whatever, building a comfortable nest of seething jealousy right now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I hate that I'd totally own one if I had the cash.
Reckon I'm going to get a few more quotes then join the 1 year queue.

...and I dont have the cash either, novated lease helps keeps the taxable income down.

Hating that these vehicles are selling themselves with no signs of letting up. F##kers smirking when you ask about fleet discount :mad: