Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Interesting that Drive left out these comments from ANCAP -

"We're not talking here about an unsafe vehicle. We're not talking about a vehicle that is subject to an official recall by an ACCC action," says Hoorweg.

Sounds like a bit of a beat up by Drive magazine.

LDV also have a five star rating (2017) so looks like Chinese Utes are making an 'impact'!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It is not 5 stars without the parts, what does it get without the parts while owners are driving around?

No less safe than a 2 star Mustang or a -788 star moke. Reckon my 8 year old cruiser is now 1 star.

@DuncanJenkins are you getting one?

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
It is not 5 stars without the parts, what does it get without the parts while owners are driving around?

No less safe than a 2 star Mustang or a -788 star moke. Reckon my 8 year old cruiser is now 1 star.

@DuncanJenkins are you getting one?
Not likely - I've started an aquarium so I reckon that will end up costing the equivalent of a year's wage!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
If I was a tradie I'd own a proper van or a small truck.
Old post but topical for me.

Tradie next door to me was sick of cramming gear into his Hilux and asked me if I had any objection if he parked a small Isuzu truck on his driveway if he bought one.

This is the size of the small truck that he went for…

Must be at least 9-10m long and now his Ute, Commodore, and the family car park out on the street. And someone has cottoned on to the free supply of bulk diesel available so we’ve got issues with undesirables now pilfering stuff while they’re there filling up in the early hours.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I followed two of these today, they were in the right lane trying to overtake some trucks. Just looking they are well specc'd but the fucking name really rolls off the tongue.

Yutong ZK6129HCA

I was sure there were a few extra numbers and letters in there...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just looking they are well specc'd but the fucking name really rolls off the tongue.
Probably 100K cheaper than the Aussie equivalent.

We are a country of good deals, the normal person doesn't care about where it comes from.

Food absolutely yes, other products not so much when buying Aussie usually means you are buying a Chi product with an Aussie mark up.