Rockshox via German online stores

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone ordered Rockshox stuff from Bike Components DE? It appears they maybe the only place that hasn't geoblocked RS/Sram. I can get through to the checkout and payment without any warnings.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I ordered a Monarch Plus and a few other RS bits and pieces from them in August last year. Was painless and arrived pretty quickly. Just expect their emails to be in German and the updates on the postage process are lacking.

Other than that, can't complain. Get in there and purchase, young man.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got some Rockshox Lyrics from bike-components.de about a month ago.
I probably should get in quick before they are forced to stop selling RS outside of the EU. I'm all for buying local if feasible but when Pikes are $1300-1400 in Oz and Bike components do them for $900 delivered it's a bit hard to go past!

nickg78

Likes Dirt
I ordered a pair of pikes off bike-components just last week. Hopefully arriving early this week.

Last edited:

tunsis

Likes Bikes
I ordered a pair of pikes off bike-components just last week. Hopefully arriving early this week.
you might find they take longer...

Wiggle, CRC all seem to show up just days later.

But with bike-components.de orders, its always taken ~2-3 weeks to arrive. The online DHL tracking doesnt update often either... you get a "arrived destination country" status and then no update for a week. Enough to make you paranoid!

My last order appeared on my doorstep before that "arrived destination country" status changed.

3beers

Squid
Wow - ordered sram from bike24 in December checked now and the geo-block has kicked in. None of it better break too soon 'cause I won't be buying it again with this geo-block crap.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow - ordered sram from bike24 in December checked now and the geo-block has kicked in. None of it better break too soon 'cause I won't be buying it again with this geo-block crap.
Re the Sram geo-block bs: what am i missing? I would've thought Sram needs Wiggle CRC; Bike24 et al. More than they need Sram! I can't understand why they don't call Sram's bluff and collectively tell them to go fuck themselves!

nickg78

Likes Dirt
you might find they take longer...

But with bike-components.de orders, its always taken ~2-3 weeks to arrive.
Bummer. It was processed so quickly assumed it would also be quick delivery. I should of known $850 pikes delivered within a week was too good to be true.

PedalPhil

Likes Bikes
Got a pair of Magura MT8s and Storm SL Rotors for the Scott Spark for $330 about ten weeks ago. Took three weeks to arrive - at that price I would have been happy if it took three months.

Product Range, Delivery Speed, Price - pick any two...

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Re the Sram geo-block bs: what am i missing? I would've thought Sram needs Wiggle CRC; Bike24 et al. More than they need Sram! I can't understand why they don't call Sram's bluff and collectively tell them to go fuck themselves!
Selling SRAM products to all of europe and pissing off a few Australians is more profitable to CRC than not being able to sell SRAM stuff at all...

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all my bikes are shimano that's what I know and trust, occasionally I'm asked to fix sram equipped bikes, no worries I'd say I'll pre order parts for you and jobs done.

nope can't get online anymore so its to the shops, now I've been mtbing a long time back pre-internet when you'd be seriously ripped off by shops, probably 60% higher prices than EU or USA at the time, they used to say to me, it's the aussie dollar, funny when the dollar went up the prices didn't go down.

then you have the dopey factor of shops who employ people that don't ride or don't know the product.

so anyway it's simply sram trying to hold an old world distribution network over consumers, all we can do is refuse bikes with sram and make it known to crc etc that it's not right. think they call it a monopoly.

I do like the innovation in sram products, well except their business practices.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Got a reverb B1 a month ago for $370 landed from Bike-components.
Took a week to get here.
Installed it last week.
No issues.
10/10 Would shop again

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I was looking at Reverbs but I think I'll go with a KS Lev. Both my current bikes have KS dropzones and they've been faultless.
That's the best call you'll make this year.
I normally go KS, but this bike came with a Reverb from the manufacturer. KS have been excellent.... this is my second reverb and had nothing but problems.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking at Reverbs but I think I'll go with a KS Lev. Both my current bikes have KS dropzones and they've been faultless.
And even if they aren't, just had my Lev serviced by the gurus (inc new cartridge) for less than a reputable suspension shop replaced a small part in my old Reverb for.