Product Review RockBros Chainring

Flow-Rider

Burner
Item: RockBros chainring Narrow-Wide Teeth 104BCD 7075 T6

Purchased From: Ebay Store http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152231586866?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Purchase Price : $31.99 delivered to your door.

Usage: Roughly about 100kms on a DJ jump bike that also gets used for some trail riding.

Pros - Well priced, High quality alloy, machined well with no defects and runs quiet with the chain.

- Comes in various teeth sizes(32,34,36), in round or oval and in a bright red as well as black.

Cons - The locating mounting tabs in the centre are quite narrow compared to the original chainring, I'm guessing it's designed for multiple fit with a variety of different cranks. (Arrow pointing, in the first pic for reference)

-It was about a 4 week wait to receive it in the mail.

Comments:

I rate the chainring an 8/10. It fits exceptionally well, all the holes line up snug and the machining looks to be of high quality. It has some flash machined shapes and the Rockbros insignia that makes it look like a bling sort of part without the price tag to suit. It looks a lot more desirable in real life than what it portrays in the pic.

Unfortunately I'm running a bashring with chain guides, probably an overkill with the NW teeth so the chainring is not really visible for all its beauty on the outside. There are a few other E-bay stores selling this product at a cheaper cost but I'm not sure if it's that same product. I can't yet really fault the part and it's exceeded my expectations for the price tag.

Pictures/Videos:

rockbros.JPG

GTjump.jpg

CH2.jpg

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
We deal with RockBros on a very limited basis. we do the bells after we got shafted by the Americans ... Anyway. They have been asking us to do more, but I'll be honest, the amount of Product on eBay and elsewhere is just staggering.

Anyway, good to read your review ... $31.99 is pretty cheap for a NW/TT ring.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We deal with RockBros on a very limited basis. we do the bells after we got shafted by the Americans ... Anyway. They have been asking us to do more, but I'll be honest, the amount of Product on eBay and elsewhere is just staggering.

Anyway, good to read your review ... $31.99 is pretty cheap for a NW/TT ring.
Sounds like it would be hard to compete with the low price on ebay but for the price I expected it to be substandard. If it fails long term I will post back up but the bike it's fitted to isn't a bike I use every week.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Great review, thanks.

I reckon both my NW rings will be up for replacement soon and I'll definitely check these out when the time comes.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
I bought similar eBay chainrings a bit cheaper at $22. Snail was the brand, 32 for the hard tail and 36 for the commuter. Both been flawless although I am skinny and may not be putting the force through them a bigger rider would. Mate is building hardtail with said chainring. He weighs 100kg so we'll see how long it lasts.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I bought similar eBay chainrings a bit cheaper at $22. Snail was the brand, 32 for the hard tail and 36 for the commuter. Both been flawless although I am skinny and may not be putting the force through them a bigger rider would. Mate is building hardtail with said chainring. He weighs 100kg so we'll see how long it lasts.
I tried an alloy FSA chainring before and I was shocked that it only had lasted just over a 1000kms but yeah, time is the real test.