Rock Climbing

he's a little shorter than me, 4 - 5 inches (he's 13) but he is light and has a good reach, he has no technique, but he will develop that, whereas I have some technique but no strength or endurance.

I'm gonna need some bigger shoes, I'm not willing to put my feets through that no more.

My running shoes are UK 10, my 5.10s are UK 8 1/2, oh the pain.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
he's a little shorter than me, 4 - 5 inches (he's 13) but he is light and has a good reach, he has no technique, but he will develop that, whereas I have some technique but no strength or endurance.

I'm gonna need some bigger shoes, I'm not willing to put my feets through that no more.

My running shoes are UK 10, my 5.10s are UK 8 1/2, oh the pain.
Hit up camp hike climb in Hornsby, they often have sales on. I got my scarpa's there for about 40% off.

What were your impressions of 9 degrees?

I liked it.

Plenty of variety, I didn't get to sample too much due to fitness, did jag a V2 (pink one) though.

The idea of not being top roped is good, there were moves I would have gone for had I been top roped that I decided against, but as I said its been a long time between drinks and at 48 I don't bend like I did.

Next I'll hit climbfit, I can belay the boy and then we can boulder, I have no interest in taking up climbing full on again.

I am enjoying that shoulder burn today though, a sign of muscles woken up and well used.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Thought I'd bump this thread as a lot has happened since I started it. My climbing's really improved in the last year and I'm now climbing grades in the low twenties. My local gym ran a couple of in house boulder comps with a new set of problems every fortnight. I scored a pair of rock rings in a give-away at the end of the last one and I've just started using them for training.

My buddy and I did a lead course the other week so we've been having a lot of fun getting into leading. At some point we'll probably progress to some of the local outdoor crags.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought I'd bump this thread as a lot has happened since I started it. My climbing's really improved in the last year and I'm now climbing grades in the low twenties. My local gym ran a couple of in house boulder comps with a new set of problems every fortnight. I scored a pair of rock rings in a give-away at the end of the last one and I've just started using them for training.

My buddy and I did a lead course the other week so we've been having a lot of fun getting into leading. At some point we'll probably progress to some of the local outdoor crags.
Where do you climb wesadude? When I am back in Perth I have been climbing at Rockface in Northbridge. My partner is a climber who introduced me to the joys of bouldering and top rope climbs last year. It is addictive...I am going twice per week and practicing yoga in order to develop greater flexibility. She is Czech and has been climbing since she was about 8...so she is a great coach as well : ).

I'm hoping to start indoor lead climbing later in the year and then move to natural terrain.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Where do you climb wesadude? When I am back in Perth I have been climbing at Rockface in Northbridge. My partner is a climber who introduced me to the joys of bouldering and top rope climbs last year. It is addictive...I am going twice per week and practicing yoga in order to develop greater flexibility. She is Czech and has been climbing since she was about 8...so she is a great coach as well : ).

I'm hoping to start indoor lead climbing later in the year and then move to natural terrain.
The Hangout is where I predominantly climb; I go Tuesday and Thursday nights and frequently Sunday arvos too. I was climbing at Rockface a little while ago when my mate and I picked up a number of vouchers for them. A number of the climbers at the gym head outdoors regularly so we'll be looking to join them in the future. I've also been doing a bit of yoga, the Pinkbike monthly yoga series is quite good.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Lockdown has piqued my interest in sport climbing again as all the Boulder gyms are closed.

Scored an almost complete setup & just need a few more pieces to get out there. Been practicing with the kids on our home wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get a real rack. Nothing sharpens the focus, like a deadpoint lunge on overhanging terrain, with 10+ kilos of cams, nuts and shit, hanging off your waist.