Roadie crash in Utah

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Analysis of crash here, and another camera angle looking up the road. In short he took the previous corner way too fast to get setup for the next one, cars or no cars.

[video=youtube_share;NKdVMYo1H38]https://youtu.be/NKdVMYo1H38[/video]
The analysis does not say cars or no cars. The analysis says the crash was caused on the corner before by the cars taking the inside line and stopping the rider from being able to take the racing line ( the line which would allow the most braking distance and not getting airborne into the drop off in the hairpin)

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
The analysis does not say cars or no cars. The analysis says the crash was caused on the corner before by the cars taking the inside line and stopping the rider from being able to take the racing line ( the line which would allow the most braking distance and not getting airborne into the drop off in the hairpin)
For the record I don't agree with that analysis. At the speed he took the first corner (he's way faster than all the other riders before him), even by taking the racing line there's no way he would've had time to slow down coming into the second corner.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
For the record I don't agree with that analysis. At the speed he took the first corner (he's way faster than all the other riders before him), even by taking the racing line there's no way he would've had time to slow down coming into the second corner.
I think the point the guy who did that video makes, is you only see him coming out of the corner, you don't and can't see what interference has happened to the racing line in the previous corner approach and apex. These are close corners which are inextricably linked - ie being forced off the right line in the first makes a correct line in the second impossible.

Either way, we see a bunch of professional cyclists mixing it with cars on a series of very dangerous bends - it's hard to imagine those cars making it easier, very easy to imagine them making it much ha