RIP XC?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if it has been mentioned through the thread, didn't read it all, however the remaining XC crowd is extremely fickle.
They won't enter until the absolutely have to.

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure if it has been mentioned through the thread, didn't read it all, however the remaining XC crowd is extremely fickle.
I guess that is a luxury they can afford, knowing that it will never sell-out. Lucky wankers.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
They've been like that for ages, especially the endurance crowd. A lot of people weren't keen on committing to a big day on the bike too far ahead if there was a likelihood of shit weather.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The Tuesday night XC racing in Bendigo is way down on adults (like 50%) - but the kids are still getting a big turn out which is good to see.
Yeah, like 12 at the senior crits. Dirt Critters (4-14yo is capped at 100 registered. There’s always a lot more keen, we just can’t manage more.
You two can expect some questioning down the line. The Prez (Mrs George), the Secretary, my self and most of the rest of the committee are all steering the club towards a family and juniors focus. Just need to get rid of two current members who think they're in charge and their belief that trophies are more important than anything else attitude.

Ha, as I was typing that, Rapid Ascent has emailed the club asking us to spread the word on their events and offered a free entry to do so.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
You two can expect some questioning down the line. The Prez (Mrs George), the Secretary, my self and most of the rest of the committee are all steering the club towards a family and juniors focus. Just need to get rid of two current members who think they're in charge and their belief that trophies are more important than anything else attitude.

Ha, as I was typing that, Rapid Ascent has emailed the club asking us to spread the word on their events and offered a free entry to do so.
The answer is to not buy or build any trophies next season. Make a new feature at the track...call it 'The Trophy Wall'.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
https://assets.auscycling.org.au/s3...Mfuu6jzTsJd_0qx3f8M4BVQU1fCdFzooAfL8yhoxUQWIE

Not Sure if that worked .
@moorey , @Cardy George
As you guys seem the most on loved in ‘ organised sports ‘ in Vic .
i like how they employed a primarily WA based company to write a VIC mtb strategy; they also referenced the ballarat club -mtb fb page; yet no appearance of moorey's bruised butt in the document as far as I can tell

i would like to see disclosure for the cost of preparing said document, and what type of influence it has on government/government organizations [probably unable to be measured]

moorey

call me Mia
they also referenced the ballarat club -mtb fb page; yet no appearance of moorey's bruised butt in the document as far as I can tell
We may well be the smallest club on that list (or one of the smallest), so 6th in followers is impressive. Clearly my freckle has a lot of pulling power.
Imagine in the Youies crew did the date pics!