Riding in Esperance

bobbob

Squid
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone had riden in Esperance WA. Any trails?
Any advice welcome.

Cheers...B

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey man, im also looking for any info on the esperance trails as im looking to do a roadtrip up there over the xmas hols, anyway i think the "Red Bull Fright train" dvd showed some of the esperance freeriding so it might be worth checking that out if u can.

hope that helps

bobbob

Squid
Thanks for the reply.
Am asking around with some of the riders I know so will keep you posted should I hear anything.
Heard that the Peel RD trails down near you are pretty special?? was planning a trip down after Xmas.
Is this true?
Also, the DVD you mentioned. Where am I likely to find that?

Cheers....B

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to live in Norseman which is a couple of hours north of Esperance. Never got to ride in Esperance though.

I remember that AMB did a article on it once, riding up that hill or mountain (forget the name) in the national park. I walked up it and at the time thought it was pretty darn steep and beyond my ability - maybe they just rode down? It's like a big rock anyway.

So check out the National Park, near that Hellfire Beach or something.

If you end up going through Norseman it's not bad exploring the tracks that go from the lookout, mostly just old mining land, I used to ride around there all the time.

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the reply.
Am asking around with some of the riders I know so will keep you posted should I hear anything.
Heard that the Peel RD trails down near you are pretty special?? was planning a trip down after Xmas.
Is this true?
Also, the DVD you mentioned. Where am I likely to find that?

Cheers....B
ummm Peel RD??? do u meen Pile Rd? if so then yeh there are some decent trails out there. more a XC scene but there is the "Orange" trail which begins as an EXTREMELY steep DH which slowly flattens out to some tightish single track. thier are also some see-saws and some decent jumps out there if u know where to look :) .

anyway if u head down this way its deffinanlty worth checking out the many competition grade DH tracks in collie about 1 and 1/2 hours drive from here. they are pretty awesome from what i have heard.

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
riding in esperence is good...

not sure about which dh tracks your talking a bout which are 1 and a half hours from bunbury... welli mils is under 45 minutes and dwelli is abouit an hour... but yeah they arnet too bad...
esperence riding is good, havent been there for a while but ill be there sometime due to a weeks holiday after xmas

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
yeh i was talking about Welli Mills, sorry i always thaught it took longer then that to get there. But yeh welli mills is pretty awesome and i havnt riden the dwelli DH but the XC up there is alright!

bobbob

Squid
'Big Rock' in Esperance

Funny you should mention that huge rock near Hellfire beach as I climbed up that last time I was down there... all the while thinking how great it would be to ride my bike down there. Will give it a go and let you know.

bobbob

Squid
Trails In Esperance

Hey Guys,

Found these through the WAMBA website. They have been extremely helpful and have offered to take me out to some of the local trails...enjoy.

Good to hear from you Bob.
I just rang your number but you are out. I’m away from Christmas to New Year but another rider is in town. I’ve just rang him and he’s happy to show you around. His name is Steve Bonnitcha 0890715445, 0427715445.
Sorry to miss you. Can you give me a ring.

Rod Parsons
Esperance Office
Austnet Group Pty Ltd
AFS No. 239086
Authorised Representative No: 250199
0890713600 PH
0890717279 FAX
0427712902 MOB
www.austnetgroup.com.au <http://www.austnetgroup.com.au>

I live in Esperance!

Well theres a DH track that has heaps of sections and parts. Heaps good things for cross-country. Good skate park and its pretty big.

bobbob

Squid
Espoerance

Hey there,

Found some pretty scary stuff at rotary lookout.

Big drop from rock into transition then straight in to RH berm.

crb

Cannon Fodder
Im bringing this one back boys.

Rod Parsons is still going strong and I was out riding with home about 3 weeks ago, I know theyre putting a team together for the 12 hour in Jarrahdale and also another race in Dwelling up which I might join them for if I can get my bike fitness up.

Rod has also with the help of a few people built an amazing track which is roughly 10km long and has a good variety of of terrain. The council should be making it the official MTB track down in Esperance and they also hold races there every month.

bynny.brodie - if your still kicking around is that DH track up near the lookout?

If any of you come down to Esp with your MTB dont forget to get in touch with us!

poita

Likes Dirt
I've got some mates moving to esperance in the new year. Is there much riding to be had around town?
EMBA is still going strong last I heard. They have some trails just out of town, just ask around and you'll be put in touch with one of the guys to show them around. Very much XC, but fun last time I rode them, and regular rides. They have a Facebook group, join that and they'll sort them out!