Revgrips and SQlab bars

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was doing some long descents on the weekend and got terrible hand pain by the end.
Started looking at oneup carbon bars and going back to ESI grips but came across revgrips and sqlab bars.
The revvgrips float above the bars and are very expensive but reviews for them are very positive.
The sqlab bars have either a 12 or 16 degree backsweep which seems like it might give a more natural hand position for me.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Thanks
MAS

Scotty675

Cable thief
I run rev grips on all bikes now. They are brilliant in my opinion. Expensive yes but they work in my case. I loose grip strength and suffer numbness in my left hand. These help without a doubt. MTB direct have them on sale as well. Vibracore bars help aswell but not as much as the grips. They do fully float the grip eliminating buzz.
I have a set of one up carbon bars to try but I don’t feel the need as this set up works.
I went from alloy bars to carbon then to vibracore and have settled on the latter

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run rev grips on all bikes now. They are brilliant in my opinion. Expensive yes but they work in my case. I loose grip strength and suffer numbness in my left hand. These help without a doubt. MTB direct have them on sale as well. Vibracore bars help aswell but not as much as the grips. They do fully float the grip eliminating buzz.
I have a set of one up carbon bars to try but I don’t feel the need as this set up works.
I went from alloy bars to carbon then to vibracore and have settled on the latter
Thanks. There are about 8 options for them - Did you go standard or ergonomic? and what size?

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve been running rg5s (med) but have put rg4s (small) on new build. These are ergos. Also running the older mediums and like them also. The newer grips have a bit more of a taper up to the bar end. I run them with max shims and you can feel them like a throttle while stopped. Riding I don’t even notice them.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm about to move on a set of one ups if you are interested. I like them but they are not hard core enough for my son so he's going for the famously non compliant Renthals in alloy

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I have the 12 degree SQlabs - really nice quality product (as it should be for the price).

I found the sales pitch compelling, but can't say I notice it when riding. Would have to go back to some regular risers and see how that feels.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OneUp bars do have an advantage over stiffer bars, only a subtle improvement but definitely adds up over longer descents. Can't speak for SQLab bars.

Revgrips definitely make a difference, they do work very well if you can put up with the price. I have since gone back to using others as I was looking for a more "direct" feel, but am thinking about putting them back on. A little less subtle of a change compared to the bars.