Requests to have account deleted and posts removed

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hi, welcome to Friday.
I'm getting an influx of messages from members requesting I delete their account and have their posts removed. I've always had the opinion that how I appear on the forum is how I am in real life and I expect that from our members too. Be yourself, you'll find your feet around here and all will be merry.
Now with that in mind, requesting to have your presence and history deleted off the forum is not likely to happen. It's messy, it makes the forum untidy with removed posts and frankly, it's not our problem what you've said on here that may relate to some reason outside of Rotorburn that requires you to cover your tracks. Don't go getting all legal (ahem, sassy) about it because I know the rules and Troy McLure said that anything written on this site is our property. Yep, we own your stuff. So ner.
Jokes aside, I'll do what is needed but if you casually request we delete your existence, I'll edit your account password and sell it to someone on the site to make your situation worse.
Be friendly on the site, be fun, promote good conversations and think about the flow-on effect of your post if shit goes down. ;)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Hi, welcome to Friday.
I'm getting an influx of messages from members requesting I delete their account and have their posts removed. I've always had the opinion that how I appear on the forum is how I am in real life and I expect that from our members too. Be yourself, you'll find your feet around here and all will be merry.
Now with that in mind, requesting to have your presence and history deleted off the forum is not likely to happen. It's messy, it makes the forum untidy with removed posts and frankly, it's not our problem what you've said on here that may relate to some reason outside of Rotorburn that requires you to cover your tracks. Don't go getting all legal (ahem, sassy) about it because I know the rules and Troy McLure said that anything written on this site is our property. Yep, we own your stuff. So ner.
Jokes aside, I'll do what is needed but if you casually request we delete your existence, I'll edit your account password and sell it to someone on the site to make your situation worse.
Be friendly on the site, be fun, promote good conversations and think about the flow-on effect of your post if shit goes down. ;)
Was it @ozzybmx ?

PJO

in me vL comy
An influx?
I'm surprise there are that many members that want to expunge themselves from Rotorburn history, what have they done?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've always had the opinion that how I appear on the forum is how I am in real life and I expect that from our members too.
Thanks goodness I come across like a complete twat most of the time then!

@Dozer I thought you’d be paying me to take @moorey ’s account. Not the other way around
You sure you have the time to shitpost and self-debate (mass-debate? Tee hee hee...) from all those accounts? o_O

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
An influx?
I'm surprise there are that many members that want to expunge themselves from Rotorburn history, what have they done?
I've had five in the last few weeks. I've also had a ton of guys calling in sick for a few days after their vaccination. There's a few guys I know sucking Panadol down before they get their vaccination. Maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe the world is turning into a bunch of pussies that need to move out of their Mum's house and be a man about life.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've never understood the request to have posts removed. One memorable example (mentioning no names) usually had all his posts quoted for amusement or wtf value so even deleting all the originals did nothing cus it's all still there for future entertainment.

I'm even more of an opinionated asshat in real life so what I post here is probably quite restrained by comparison.

Also lol at "moi intellectual property"

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Norman...

Northern Sydney arsehat goes missing/into hiding then admins on a clickey MTB forum get requests for deleting accounts, coincidence...I think not.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I've never understood the request to have posts removed.
maybe with the gladys/ drayl [my home town none the less] peeps are releasing if they want to run for public office they need the offensive shite they have typed about certain groups to be deleted or it will come back to bite them as Poodle's will dish the dirt sell it to some reporter to purchase that 20K ebike he doesn't need

Brow

Big Block
I've had five in the last few weeks. I've also had a ton of guys calling in sick for a few days after their vaccination. There's a few guys I know sucking Panadol down before they get their vaccination. Maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe the world is turning into a bunch of pussies that need to move out of their Mum's house and be a man about life.
But Mum's basement is so cosy!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deleting your post history does not suddenly change your personality.
If you said inappropriate things, you probably thought/think inappropriate things.

People are weird