Requests to have account deleted and posts removed

Jpez

Down on the left!
I didn't miss it, my point was it should never have been obliged and should never be for anyone. Let 'em do a Zaf if they feel like they were a complete kook for saying some stupid shit, and clean up their own mess.

Also, he made one other account that was sneaky, the second one was after asking to be reinstated and not receiving an answer, and created as an obvious new Hambo account which he said it was right away.
It actually took about 3 days of being gently called out on it before he came clean. He was also a smartsss about it to those people. Playing some sort of weirdass game with it.
Going back to what @Dozer said before we are a pretty trusting community here. I know I’ve sent stuff of before without payment first and given stuff away pretty certain it’s not going to be on sold for a profit. I don’t know many other places like that. So if someone is going to be dishonest and play games then from the mods point of view they’re probably not people you want around.
He made his own bed.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It actually took about 3 days of being gently called out on it before he came clean. He was also a smartsss about it to those people. Playing some sort of weirdass game with it.
I must have missed that because I thought the second one had Hambo in the name which was blatantly obvious. I won't disagree that it was totally childish shit, nor does the man himself.

Anyway it should be clear now that I've asked Dozer to delete my account, and as promised in the OP, he's sold my account to Hambo for a tidy sum, which Hambo is still paying off.

moorey

call me Mia
hypotheticals around what could happen are interesting, but that didn't happen
It has though. Me and numerous others were shafted by a guy called ZacDuprees…who went on to shaft people under at least 5 different names including Trail Carver, Forrest Ninja etc.
If people want multiple accounts, take it to FB. As @Dozer has said many times, Hambo ASKED to be removed in a hissy fit. As @Jpez said, if he’d come back and been honest, I don’t think anyone would have batted an eyelid after a quick mandatory ribbing.
I don’t care either way, but don’t make him out to be some tragic martyr.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don’t care either way, but don’t make him out to be some tragic martyr.
Not quite the right word. I'm not making him out to be anything, I genuinely think he regrets it and didn't realise it was no joke until too late. It's no joke, and he's not going to be allowed back, so be it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I thought, while he had some strong anti-religious views as the topic clearly touched a nerve, he got unfairly treated for voicing them. If it's true open discourse, anyone should be able to discuss the negatives of religion just as others can discuss the positives, as both exist. Of course, still needs to stay within the bounds of somewhat polite and decent discourse too.
It wasn't his views in that discussion that were problematic. It was the delivery.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It wasn't his views in that discussion that were problematic. It was the delivery.
I didn't say that quote mate.

I disagree about the delivery. Look back at the thread. Both sides expressed views strongly. It didn't get personal, Hambo bowed out before it got personal after Dales warning.

Is it some kind of taboo to have witty frank discussion with difficult questions about religion on internet forums?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

I disagree about the delivery. Look back at the thread. Both sides expressed views strongly. It didn't get personal, Hambo bowed out before it got personal after Dales warning.

Is it some kind of taboo to have witty frank discussion with difficult questions about religion on internet forums?
I was about to chime in with my 5 cents but you covered it.

If he had of stated that females shouldn't ride black diamond trails, I would've have pinned him to his own statements and expectations of others just the same.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

I have no dog in this fight but reading between the lines Hambo's ban seems to come from private exchanges with Dozer outside of the public forum regarding deleting his account compounded with creating two additional accounts after his request was honoured.