Reign 2 weight?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
It's built with a bunch of X0 and xtr gear, revelation fork, mavic wheels and carbon everything else.

I reckon it could drop to 11 dead for another couple of $grand for little sacrifice to strength.
looks like a go-er!
still suprised it's 11.3kg,

no trying to get in to an e-war or willie wanging comp but,
as an example my Ibis Mojo HD weighs 12.4kg with pedals, that's with RS revelation WC with carbon crown, carbon RF bars 730mm, XT cranks, single ring with 110grm guide (lighter than any 3 ring+front mech+shifter set up), Thomson post, Spyder seat, DT1750 wheels, only heavy things are the Maxxis UST tyres, prob 200-300 each grams more that 'standard'.
you would imagine that the Ibis frame, full carbon, would be less than the Reign frame

doubt i could knock a kilo off it, wouldn't want to loose any weight off the wheels, could loose 500ish grams off the tyres, even then i think there is only about 200 grams between CrossMax and DT1750's,

A

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
looks like a go-er!
still suprised it's 11.3kg,

you would imagine that the Ibis frame, full carbon, would be less than the Reign frame

doubt i could knock a kilo off it, wouldn't want to loose any weight off the wheels, could loose 500ish grams off the tyres, even then i think there is only about 200 grams between CrossMax and DT1750's,

A
Your ibis sounds great. Several times now I've been very tempted to add one to the stable. I love the feel and sound of the Mojo. Those who ride one will know exactly what I mean.

The frame as it arrived weighed 2.4kg which I thought was quite reasonable. I reckon that it's not far off the ibis - perhaps lighter?

Back from the motor racing days, the best way to lose a kilogram is to find a hundred places to lose ten grams. There are lots of little things like running titanium pedal spindles and wheel axle/hardware, ceramic bearings, hand selecting tyres (take your scales with you shopping for tyres) etc. Even things like running the right cables and brake lines can shave useless weight. The key of course is to add weight where it's needed for strength and lose weight that does nothing useful.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
not sure if i weighed my frame when i got it, probably did, then wrote it on a bit of paper...

claimed weight is 2.86kg WITH shock, high volume RP3 Boost Valve, if you giant was 2.4kg was that with or without shock? Float weighs about 210grms depending on length etc

i know what you mean about saving small amounts of weight here and there

still a 1000grms is a lot to find, Maxxis UST tyres are heavy , 100% reliable though, which makes up for it

anyway, going for a ride now, working later

ps, i'll post a pic of my work bench, trust me, yours is neat!

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
claimed weight is 2.86kg WITH shock, high volume RP3 Boost Valve, if you giant was 2.4kg was that with or without shock? Float weighs about 210grms depending on length etc
It was weighed straight out of the box without shock. It runs a 7.85 x 2" RP23. So as I suspected, the Ibis weighs a tad more if the claimed weight is spot on.

I'm about to buy a Mukluk for some desert dune riding and strugling to believe the claimed frame weight figure.....

i know what you mean about saving small amounts of weight here and there

still a 1000grms is a lot to find, Maxxis UST tyres are heavy , 100% reliable though, which makes up for it

anyway, going for a ride now, working later

ps, i'll post a pic of my work bench, trust me, yours is neat!
Spot on with weight where it's needed there MrCove. Tyres is something that will come back and bite you hard if you get too greedy. That and wheels. But seriously, if you break it all down and consider each and every component, it's not that hard to find a substantial total weight saving.

Right up front I can see 300g saving with a set of carbon cranks, a couple of hundred on wheels, a hundred on ceramic bearings and titanium hardware, a hundred on pedals(?) and probably that much again on hand selecting tyres. There's 800g without getting too silly and affecting overall durability. Been working like that for years and whilst it can give the cheque book a bit of a nudge, it's fun if you can keep it all in perspective.

Ha! We too are about to hit the trails. I've shut the factory today to give the guys a much needed long weekend because work has been brutal since before Easter. It's cold and wet here in Melbourne at the moment but that's perfect conditions for an AM bike.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
don't fancy spending any more $$$$ plus doubt if there is 300grm in cranks,
that would mean carbon cranks in the 400grm region, have 2 sets of DT1750 wheels, pretty light for a very heavy duty wheel, very pleased with them, wouldn't want to go any lighter
could go with some Ti bolts but.......
CB candy pedals are 300ish grms, can't see a 200 grm set lasting me!!

anyhoo, just back from my ride, could have gone better
pretty big stack in a loose rock garden, really bashed my knee up
bike is ok though!!!!

and the guy i was riding with, on a brand new chinese cheapo hardtail broke the chainstays after 1 hours riding, that's with pushing/carrying all of the tech sections too!!
cracked on the driveside chainstay before the bike even got dirty!
i guess you get what you pay for, i did warn him

enjoy your w/e

A