Redbull Rampage

driftking

Wheel size expert

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Yep :)

Herbertson backflipped the canyon, holy smokes!

ajay

Semenuk was robbed :p

Top 3 couldve been in any order though.

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
Rampage 2014 - worth every minute - crazy shit.
McGazza crashed again at the canyon , this time backflip but a bit short.
Our Nz friend must be out of steel , walks away again with a smile on his face.

Respect , balls of steel the lot of them.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I tried watching the replay but got sick of red bulls stop start ( for want of better words ) recording . I know its free but gee it gets frustrating . Does anyone else get this ?

ajay

I tried watching the replay but got sick of red bulls stop start ( for want of better words ) recording . I know its free but gee it gets frustrating . Does anyone else get this ?
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with redbull player. Live streaming is always awesome, but replays seem to have trouble buffering. That's my experience anyway...

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am watching it now via the Apple TV and the coverage is fine. Maybe the traffic is low at the moment.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Rampage 2014 - worth every minute - crazy shit.
McGazza crashed again at the canyon , this time backflip but a bit short.
Our Nz friend must be out of steel , walks away again with a smile on his face.

Respect , balls of steel the lot of them.
Kinda annoyed me how he just threw his gloves on the ground for someone else to pick up.
Sure he might of been in the moment or something else but no reason to do that.

I don't think lacondeguy's run was a 95. Sure he hit allot of big stuff at speed and probably should have run but doesn't seem
like a few other got judged correctly. If zink hit the rest of the run he probably still would't have been in the 90's which is wierd.
Semenuk had as much speed and did allot more techy stuff. Oh well all comes down to the four people at the end of the day.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Kinda annoyed me how he just threw his gloves on the ground for someone else to pick up.
Sure he might of been in the moment or something else but no reason to do that.

I don't think lacondeguy's run was a 95. Sure he hit allot of big stuff at speed and probably should have run but doesn't seem
like a few other got judged correctly. If zink hit the rest of the run he probably still would't have been in the 90's which is wierd.
Semenuk had as much speed and did allot more techy stuff. Oh well all comes down to the four people at the end of the day.
Yeah i found the judging crazy inconsistent. zinks run was not a 89.5. He hit one massive feature, hit a awesome line up top but that was it, he lost all flow, took the fire road to the bottom section where he didn't do anything spectacular. I think herbertson was also over scored. He did hit that canyon gap but I think his run was overall on par with fairclough and godziek around the 75 mark (first runs).

It really did seem like some riders were getting favored, particular I think zink in this case. his drop was awesome but it wasn't the 73ft drop just the 50ft (sounds weird saying just 50ft), yes ok he 360 but he didn't do much else and after that drop his run feel apart, no flow, broken run. How that scored that high I don't understand. I think he deserved best trick though.

I would have expected zink's 89 if he hit all his lines and didn't miss the middle sector. Without that I dont know how they saw that high a score. Fairclough should have scored higher or the same overall. Rampage is more than one trick. Zink put together half a run with one big trick. Ok maybe the other guys runs were more average compared to zink, but their lines were tight and dialed and they put it all together with flow and style. It should have at least averaged out to be equal or close to zink.

I don't know how a rider who nails thier run except misses the pedals on a back flip but doesn't crash, scores lower than someone who does half a run. :noidea:

Last edited:

.dan.

Likes Dirt
This is why I have no interest in freeride comps anymore. (Besides Fest). I love watching Rampage but I don't really pay attention to the results and judging. It becomes more enjoyable to just watch it and put the results aside.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Andreu's run was just quicker than others, flowed beautifully and had the big drops. It was by far the most fluid run
Coming up short backflip one on a 75 foot jump is insane. I think throwing your gloves on the ground is fine in the grand scene of things.