Redbull Rampage

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
It's on this Sunday, and looks absolutely bonkas! New location too.

A good fix for the comedown of an epic DH season.

redbull.com/au/en/bike
That's Sunday yank time, so it's Monday morning for us southerners. I'll have to try and watch as much as possible before work. Just digging the dirt is an OH&S risk in itself let alone riding it.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Can't wait to see what Rogatkin throws down,, what's Zink got planned? Too many off the charts crazies... haha

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
You guys seen McGazza's gnarly 100ft overshoot? Looks like his bike took a bit of the impact for him, check out those taco's for wheels haha
Wonder what he's got in store for us over the canyon gap this year :shocked:

[video=youtube;Bc_251KfdP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_251KfdP8[/video]

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Aggy and Andreu.... 76ft drop... I just... I don't know anymore

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
There's a chance Aggy may not even get to ride in the finals! He wasn't one of the 10 prequalified riders and he crashed on his first qualifying run, missing the cut by a few places... before second runs could be completed the weather turned to shit and they've had to postpone them till saturday... which has a high chance of being rained out too. In this case the organisers have stated they'll go with first runs to decide which 10 guys qualify for the main event and that means Aggy would be out!
I know they have predecided rules and guidelines on how to decide who's prequalified and how to run qualifying etc, but its bullshit if you ask me that one of the most influential freeriders and a top contender could quite possibly miss out on the finals, he freaking sent a 76ft drop before anyone else and has been throwing dumped 3's over the 50 footer bottom jump. I know the prequalified guys who don't even have to deal with qualy's did what they had to do to be there... but Aggy would probably place higher than at least half of them if he makes it to finals and I'd hate to see him miss out on an event he works so hard for and deserves :rant:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Aggy and Andreu.... 76ft drop... I just... I don't know anymore
Video of said 76 ft drop
[video]http://www.redbull.com/au/en/bike/stories/1331681294344/red-bull-rampage-2014-agassiz-lacondeguy-drop-practice-video[/video]

Last edited:

ajay

There's a chance Aggy may not even get to ride in the finals! He wasn't one of the 10 prequalified riders and he crashed on his first qualifying run, missing the cut by a few places... before second runs could be completed the weather turned to shit and they've had to postpone them till saturday... which has a high chance of being rained out too. In this case the organisers have stated they'll go with first runs to decide which 10 guys qualify for the main event and that means Aggy would be out!
I know they have predecided rules and guidelines on how to decide who's prequalified and how to run qualifying etc, but its bullshit if you ask me that one of the most influential freeriders and a top contender could quite possibly miss out on the finals, he freaking sent a 76ft drop before anyone else and has been throwing dumped 3's over the 50 footer bottom jump. I know the prequalified guys who don't even have to deal with qualy's did what they had to do to be there... but Aggy would probably place higher than at least half of them if he makes it to finals and I'd hate to see him miss out on an event he works so hard for and deserves :rant:
Yeah it sucks, but the same rules apply to racing too. Although it would be great to see the event operate more like a showcase. Considering it's an invitational event, allowing everyone to have the chance to hang it out for the win makes sense to me. It's not as if its like a world cup race with 200 entries to sift through! It's also a judged event, so every year some one gets 'robbed', or someone receives a higher score than is perhaps deserved. etc etc etc.

Invite 20 riders. Let them dig, practice, re-dig, practice some more. Hold the main event on a Sunday and let them all go for glory.

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
Yeah it sucks, but the same rules apply to racing too. Although it would be great to see the event operate more like a showcase. Considering it's an invitational event, allowing everyone to have the chance to hang it out for the win makes sense to me. It's not as if its like a world cup race with 200 entries to sift through! It's also a judged event, so every year some one gets 'robbed', or someone receives a higher score than is perhaps deserved. etc etc etc.

Invite 20 riders. Let them dig, practice, re-dig, practice some more. Hold the main event on a Sunday and let them all go for glory.
I agree, if they get an invite out there then they should all have an equal chance for the glory. It's still an awesome event though and I know I'm just nitpicking on the details.

In other news, heavy rain has washed out Saturday and it appears that no riding has happened. At the moment there's no news, but apparently it's going to be rescheduled, not sure if that's by a few hours, or a day. It sucks, but what can you do about mother nature :/
More info and updates here: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/red-bull-rampage-2014-schedule-update.html

EDIT: looks like finals will be on monday and they'll be running the last qualifying runs and some practice on sunday, happy days :smile-new:

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Rampage with canoes? that would be a site to see.
Any idea what time the event is usually run, Im sort of hoping they can run it say 3 hours later (the day after obviously so 27hours) than scheduled previously so I don't need to get up at 5am.

ajay

Haven't heard anything official, I've read some stuff on some of the riders/media instagrams suggesting it will be postponed by a day, but nothing specific.