Redbull Rampage 2015

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Devastated, really makes you think how lucky Rogatkin came out.
It's a miracle no one has been killed yet - it's almost a predictable outcome as it's got crazier and crazier over the years.

Reminds me of some of the stuff you see in YouTube by amateurs who seem to have a serious lack of brain function

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
It's a miracle no one has been killed yet - it's almost a predictable outcome as it's got crazier and crazier over the years.

Reminds me of some of the stuff you see in YouTube by amateurs who seem to have a serious lack of brain function
I had a bad feeling leading into this one. Knowing how big they went last year, I knew the envelope could only be pushed so far til people really start getting nailed.

Paul's injury is bad enough, but the blatant judging biases (or inconsistencies ) makes it such a waste. When you're on a perfect run (zink, semenuk) and can't get a break, what's the point of risking life and limb?

DJR

Likes Dirt
Paul's injury is bad enough, but the blatant judging biases (or inconsistencies ) makes it such a waste. When you're on a perfect run (zink, semenuk) and can't get a break, what's the point of risking life and limb?
If Zink drops Rampage that's a big deal, remember he also has a big part of YT USA so sponsorship from YT might also get pulled. His run was technically perfect and so was Semenuk's, Sorge's run was good but there was better. And then Bizet gets a 40 after breaking his arm off the booter, he only had the last hip jump to do and then roll down to the finish, no idea why he wasn't up in the 80s at least for that run.

Healing vibes for Bass, the way he almost managed to hold on after that overshoot was great bike control, but I don't think any brakes on earth would have slowed him down after that overshoot, he's lucky he didn't go over the next cliff face though, he'd have been far worse or dead

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What a rad event, so much amazing skill and talent on display and yep, it's the pinnacle of what we do I reckon.
As for the judging, it'd be a bloody hard gig. I reckon the result was pretty spot on for the top couple of guys.
I enjoy slopestyle and I enjoy freeride. I think the Rampage needs to keep the appeal of guys going fucking big and gnarly and not turning it into a trick event, keep that in slopestyle and keep rampage as wild as possible. There is a place for both to exist in their own discipline.
What was the go with Bingelli having a cry about people's lines? Seems like he generated a bit of a shitstorm with that.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Judging.... when zink stomps his line perfectly and scores less than he did last year when he missed the whole bottom section, some questions need to asked. Also Semenuks run was massive. Flat dropped a 40ft back flip, straight into a reverse 360 off an equally humungus drop, then backflip-can the last YT sender, littered with other tricks and pin point precision throughout - twice!

Zinks hash tag #fuckrampage is telling...

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Yeah, Semenuk made everything look so ridiculously smooth, the standout run for mind. The judging did seem pretty off. It was as if they started fairly conservative with their scoring and then got more and more amped on the whole thing as the event when on and started scoring higher. Hence why guys who went earlier in the piece, like Semenuk, got Shaghai'd. At least that's how it looked to me.