Red Hill; Legal trails

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Is this right at Eatons Cutting?

Not good if it is....
I think so yeah - description appears to match.

Hopefully the onslaught of Boomers permanently shifting out that way post COVID gets a proper NIMBY vibe going that kills the proposal stone dead.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Is this right at Eatons Cutting?

Not good if it is....
There is a very big local push back on this. A campaign to stop it going ahead has been running for a few years now. The development is wrong on a number of levels and the awesome tracks built over many years at Eatons are just one very good reason to protest it.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
My in-laws live in Mornington so whenever we visit (from when lived in Melbs but now from Syd) I try to convince the boss we should drive so i can take the bike........ Eatons Cutting is the go to... nice 15 min drive from theirs and gets me out of the house for hours.

Always lots of young groms getting shuttled by mom and dad to the top of the hill.... I'm quite happy to pedal up the road at a leisurely pace.

EDIT: If those trails go there's no way i'm visiting the inlaws :)

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a very big local push back on this. A campaign to stop it going ahead has been running for a few years now. The development is wrong on a number of levels and the awesome tracks built over many years at Eatons are just one very good reason to protest it.
Sounds like the locals are well organised, they will need a lot of determination.
There is a lack of quarry materials across the sth Melb to build all these huge infrastructure projects. Which there will be more of with the covid recovery “build stuff” policy..
The planning minister Richard Wynne has form ignoring EES panel recommendations and doing whatever suits the gov agenda..

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Sounds like the locals are well organised, they will need a lot of determination.
There is a lack of quarry materials across the sth Melb to build all these huge infrastructure projects. Which there will be more of with the covid recovery “build stuff” policy..
The planning minister Richard Wynne has form ignoring EES panel recommendations and doing whatever suits the gov agenda..
It’s a really interesting situation. The land is owned by RE Ross Trust who have a self proclaimed mandate to philanthropically fund projects to protect and support biodiversity.
They have to make money to fund this work. How are they making money? Potentially by digging a massive whole in a pristine environment to sell rocks to build shit... it’s weird

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It’s a really interesting situation. The land is owned by RE Ross Trust who have a self proclaimed mandate to philanthropically fund projects to protect and support biodiversity.
They have to make money to fund this work. How are they making money? Potentially by digging a massive whole in a pristine environment to sell rocks to build shit... it’s weird
They'd be after sand I reckon, a bloke I know at Boral said Vic will be out of sand in 10 or 12 years. Will be hard to make concrete without it.

Bungers

Squid
They'd be after sand I reckon, a bloke I know at Boral said Vic will be out of sand in 10 or 12 years. Will be hard to make concrete without it.
I believe it is Granite they are after. There are more suitable sites within Victoria to get it I believe.

Link to the Save Arthur's Seat site for all the info and petition to sign.

Sent from my Nokia 3.2 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
There is a working bee at Red Hill this Saturday morning, so please be mindful of any temporary trail closures. :)
Thinking of a quick trip Thursday to show Quinn the terrain before the women’s enduro. And tips on what tracks might run? I’m very green on the area.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I don't know what tracks are planned for the endooro, but based on past years expect a selection from, in no particular order, Crits, Deadwoods, Pins & Needles, Wombat, Fall Line, and possibly Crusher, Charlotte's or Sawtooth, but maybe not for Quinn's age group.

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers. Yeah, ridden those last couple once. She’s doing the 3 track mini option, so probably not the gnarly ones.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The immediate answer is that there is still only the one trail (Charlottes Pass) realistically serviced by the lift. Others are intended within the scope of the Stage 2 approval, but no firm timeline or sequence of development is in place as far as I know.