Red Hill; Legal trails

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Haven't been in there for years definitely need to go check it out again
Last time I went it was a huge leap ahead of anything I'd seen pre-pandemic, some incredible stuff. Only issue was I found it was an absolute maze, no guarantee I could find half the trails I rode last time.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last time I went it was a huge leap ahead of anything I'd seen pre-pandemic, some incredible stuff. Only issue was I found it was an absolute maze, no guarantee I could find half the trails I rode last time.
Only run I can reliability do the same each time is Sh#t tickets lol. Every other run always ends up random. I just can't seem to remember all the lines haha. Lucky they all end up in the same spot.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Can anyone tell me if track 28 is open to public now? Last few times I’ve hit the legal trails I’ve tried to ride it but found it closed.
Cheers

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Jeezus. How much longer could it possibly need bed in.
I've heard rationale from two different sources about its delays. The first (a PV ranger) was that a few features during the race were presenting a bit of a safety issue - a couple of people axed themselves on various sections and they realised getting assistance to them was going to take a prohibitively long time, so a few areas are being tamed (in his words "we're reducing it from a double black to a black rating"). From what I've heard from people who actually rode it during the race it was fun but sketchy af.

Second was from one of the Red Hill Riders guys a few weeks ago who said they'd been putting in a lot more new features to make things interesting and to help bed the trail in. Judging by the amount of rocks over the past couple of months that have been trucking up then disappearing at the top of Rock Salt (presumably into the trail) that checks out. They're probably pretty keen to avoid the drainage issues trails like Crusher have had since they've been open.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Went for a sneaky track walk on the top part of the new trail on the weekend and it's looking pretty much done. Also looked extremely awesome, that first rock garden (formerly from the start of Rock Salt) is looking a bit bigger now.
What are we waiting for then? Let's open it! Yeww! Was pretty gutted when we went there 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't opened.