Red Hill; Legal trails

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Went exploring stuff around eaton cuttings yesterday. Saw a guy parked across the road from the entrance to the fire trail who looked a bit out of place. His car has this notice plastered to the back window about trespassing private property whatnot. The owner of the land perhaps on the lookout for people trespassing?

As we were packing up, he subsequently got out of his car and went into the trail. So a trail fairy perhaps?

Understood if any of these cannot be discussed publicly. I'll take the post off if it's inappropriate.

Last edited:

kip01

Likes Dirt
Crusher is final open again, going to go check it out tonight for the first time, any other burners ride there in the arvo ? Keen to tag along

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Crusher is final open again, going to go check it out tonight for the first time, any other burners ride there in the arvo ? Keen to tag along
No chance this afternoon but post a ride report if you go - looks like they’ve made some edits from that picture on their socials, interested to hear how much has changed.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'd be very keen but work bullshit til late tonight. I'd get down quickly if I were you - BOM forecast that way is not promising. Doesn't look great for the weekend.
No chance this afternoon but post a ride report if you go - looks like they’ve made some edits from that picture on their socials, interested to hear how much has changed.
I stopped on Pins and wandered over for a sneaky look on the weekend. Looks like a lot of work to try and de-quagmire that section below those first few drops. Pretty amazing how even in bone dry conditions it was still soggy.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Yeah I forgot about the rain probably should listen to the wife more, hopefully just blows over and unleash the hero dirt:p

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Thats a bit shit to be honest. I know its a business and they need to make money but sounds like it will both be dangerous and will all fuck the trails after that much rain.
Yeah agree. Particularly after all the work they've done to fix them from last time (like the huge amount of work they did to Rock Salt and Fall Line).
Yup. Mate of mine did an event there a few years back and broke his collarbone on Pins in the wet
Pins is probably my favourite track there in the dry but I skip it if it's been raining recently - I just don't have the talent to ride those slippery high lines.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Think racing is done by 330 I might head out in the arvo if the rain slows otherwise can still session crits and sawtooth