Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Dagga is a really lame name though.
And that axle bearing bump is gross. They always feel manky underfoot.
It's the inner pin you're feeling, not to axle bump. I swapped the inner pins for some shorter pins and now they're mint. Agree the name is a big cringy though... At least spell the word properly!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It's the inner pin you're feeling, not to axle bump. I swapped the inner pins for some shorter pins and now they're mint. Agree the name is a big cringy though... At least spell the word properly!
Apparently it's Australian slang :eek:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What a hassle, swapping pins on new pedals is dumb.
Don’t have to do that with vaults!

And if you really want pedals with a dumb name they have a set with “brendog” on them.

Pick a pedal and be a dick about it.

HamboCairns

When I finally getting round to choosing a set of pedals, would anyone be interested in a pair of Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hills?

HamboCairns

I'm going to experiment with foot placement, after watching a few videos I think I pedal on the ball of my foot rather than centred on the pedal with the ball in front of the spindle line. Could also explain why my quads ache more than my glutes which leads me to sit down more.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm going to experiment with foot placement, after watching a few videos I think I pedal on the ball of my foot rather than centred on the pedal with the ball in front of the spindle line. Could also explain why my quads ache more than my glutes which leads me to sit down more.
Your brain may have also forgotten you have glutes. As part of your bodyweight exercise regime, throw in some glute activation exercises.

I am not kidding, it is remarkably common.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Your brain may have also forgotten you have glutes. As part of your bodyweight exercise regime, throw in some glute activation exercises.

I am not kidding, it is remarkably common.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
This!

Hip flexor and hamstring mobility get hammered if all you do is cycle and no stretch, and your butt decides it’s not going to work and all the load gets passed onto the quads.

I still hear my physiologist saying “belly button to spine, engage your butt” everytime I get stuck into my rehab work.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I'm on the lookout for new pedals, I just don't feel the Nukeproof Horizon Pros give me enough width to get comfortable, I always feel like the inside part of my foot is supported so I have to slow down to readjust a lot.

My shortlist is -

DMR V11 - 105mm width
OneUp Components Composite Pedals - 105mm width
HT PA03A - 105mm width
Kona Wah Wah 2 - 110mm width (but can't find them anywhere!)

Anyone had experience with these (or further experience with the V11)?
get the v11's they basically a DMR vault that hurt you less.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I'm still shitty that these came out 3 weeks after i bought Vaults, after 5 months of being indecisive about wanting a composite pedal i gave up and paid for Vaults.......... you just cant win sometimes
im just wreckless with money and replace perfectly good parts for no reason. I still don't regret replacing vaults with v11's

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yellow was my initial choice, I almost went with yellow grips, in fact I may even do so... Supracrush's look more comfy than the Deathgrips.
If you're keeping the pink grips, go the purple pedals. If you swap to yellow grips and pedals - you'll look like a Yeti poser... :p