Recomend me a backpack!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sadly, the good ol' school bag from 5 years ago is giving up the ghost, after many a year of faithfull service.

So basically, I need a new one, preferably with a bladder and some of those fancy straps that u stick your pansy pads on, but there not necessities.

Just wondering what you guys and gals use, and if you have any gripes with it.

Thanks

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Camelpak. (I think that's how it's spelt)

End of discussion... Or you could get any tight backpack with a bladder there's heaps of variations out there, it all depends on how many litres you want in the bladder.

James

Ultra Lord

Cheers all, camelbak it is!

That Mayhem one looks sweet as, methinks it'll be the one to grace the sweaty mound that is my back.

Thanks for all the replies

James

Stacks!

Likes Dirt
Camelbak?? is that all the advice you've got?? Come on guys, there's other brands out there that are just as good, if not better.

Deuter and Macpac spring to mind....

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Camelbak?? is that all the advice you've got?? Come on guys, there's other brands out there that are just as good, if not better.
Damn right. Camelbak just seem to have the market. Deuter and Nalgene have, arguably better hydration systems and quality backpacks. MacPac make AWESOME backpacks...dunno if they get kitted with hydration bladders though. Even we (NorthFace) put out some pretty sweet backpacks...our Ion and Neutron backpacks are 20L/34L (total volume) respectivly which is on the larger side of things for hydration-specific backpacks. Also come kitted with a rain cover also!

You could always mate a hydration compatible backpack with an aftermarket camelbak (or similar) bladder just to add a bit of diversity. That might factor in a lot of say, Kathmandu and Snowgum packs that come equipped with cheap bladders that inevitably leak. Replace the bladder and you have an awesome set up!

Cant forget Dakine either.

Just throwing some ideas out there!

Rasziel

Squid
Depends if you want heaps of cargo space or a bag which fits closer to the body and is more comfortable or something in the middle.

Personally have a Camelbak Mule which is great, enough room for my bike lock, gloves etc but not to large to be a pain when riding. There is also a Maxgear version of the Mule (made from a tougher material). Also recommend the Mayhem (similar size), or HAWG or Havoc for bags with more cargo space. I also like crumpler (I have two laptop bags) but unless you are a courier I would not recommend them. Compared with other brands I prefer the design and feel of the Camelbak.

Cheers, Rasz

Ultra Lord

Does anyone have an idea of what the Dakine Nomad and Camelbak mayhem go for?

Help would be much appreciated.

dan-492

Likes Dirt
the camelbak mayhem goes for $162.00 at TBSM. the chaos which is smaller goes for $135.00 and the larger havoc goes for $179.95. go to TBSM website for other models, etc.

Tallman

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any experience with Dakine backpacks? They seem pretty good from what I've seen.

ilovdirt

Likes Bikes
Does anyone have any experience with Dakine backpacks? They seem pretty good from what I've seen.
i have a dakine nomad and i have to say it is the best bag in the world!
i use it for skool and rideing
they are made soo bloody nice top noch!
heres a link

will hold shine pads full face and also has a blader wich i dnt relay use but is a gud one
bag cost me round 170 new zealand
hope this helps
get one u wont b dispointed!!