Reassemble SRAM X7 trigger

rushking

Likes Bikes
I am having difficulty with the reassembly of my right side SRAM X7 trigger after adjusting the paper indicator. My issue is how or where to position the large spring/coil. I did not see how it originally hung together because it sprung off when I opened separated the top cover from the plate. This may have happened because I did not detention the cable at the rear derailleur.

One end of the coil has a downward facing bend, it is obvious that this fits into a hole on the bottom of the the plastic circular piece/cog that holds the cable-end. I am at a loss to where the sidewards bend of the other end of the coil fits into. Does the coil need to be wound tight to see where it should fit onto? Does it hook back onto the plastic circular piece or does it get hooked onto the side of the base or top-cover?

If it is the same setup, I have the left hand side trigger to de-assemble to get an idea on how this coil is seated...should I detention the cable at the derailleur to avoid the coil shooting off?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From memory it hooks into the base somewhere near where the cable comes in. I think there is an L shaped groove for it. That's really testing my memory though, so it could be complete crap.