R.I.P. Prince Philip @ 99

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I know three things about this royal stuff:
-They have Corgi dogs.
-The world sucks their dicks acting like they are of some sort of importance to their lives and our existence.
-James Bond is more importanterer than any royal Commonwealth primitive bullshit.

We're living in the midst of some cool changes where humans are making some noise about accepting other people (Gay, Black, Asian, E bikers etc etc) yet the grip of this irrelevant royal stuff and it's archaic culture still gets a run? Fuck off, it's of zero relevance to the way we live and it looks like a cult for braindead twits.

moorey

call me Mia
-They have Corgi dogs.
-The world sucks their dicks acting like they are of some sort of importance to their lives and our existence.
-James Bond is more importanterer than any royal Commonwealth primitive bullshit.
The Queen owns all the swans in England. Now you know 4 things.
My % of posts in this thread was slipping, so I had to say something.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
-They have Corgi dogs.

We're living in the midst of some cool changes where humans are making some noise about accepting other people (Gay, Black, Asian, E bikers etc etc) yet the grip of this irrelevant royal stuff and it's archaic culture still gets a run? Fuck off, it's of zero relevance to the way we live and it looks like a cult for braindead twits.
Also, the Aussie Taxpayer covers the cost of any royal visit, as far as I know. Fuck that shit.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
In addition to all of that, the windsor kids aren't exactly paragons of Virtue.
Chuck's first marriage was a shit show and Diana died, leaving him free to marry his fuck buddy.
Andrew's marriage was a shit show, and he is an alleged Paedophile, currently hiding from the public and any legal consequences.
Harry had a passing fondness for dressing as a Nazi at parties, at least once that we know of. Wife shat on the family business for being alleged racists. Irony.....

The royal family aren't exactly self-funding either... They must be fucking loaded, but they cost at the very least 69.4 million pounds/$96million USD/$125millionAUD per year, to maintain. Not exactly sure what that covers either, but maintaining crumbling palaces seems to take up a chunk of that.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just in case anyone thinks I give a fuck, I don't. The whole royal family thing (in any country) and PP in particular are far down the list of anything that I could ever give a shit about.

For all the real and perceived wrongs they have administered over the ages I think any energy is ill directed at them because there are so many others that deserve action.

Individuals, organisations, religious leaders, religious groups, people acting in the name of a religion, political leaders, political regimes, political parties, rapists... The list goes on. These are guilty of heinous acts now.

I know a lot of people around the world and count most as friends and not one was negatively impacted by Prince Philip. Yet there are others who are on the verge of being turfed out of their homes due to covid and lack of work. Others are in multiple lockdowns and haven't seen family in over a year. And so on. Stuff we cannot relate to, well I can't. A friend who moved to Hong Kong a year before things turned nasty and who is not involved in the protests has had his and his wife's life turned upside down. This doesn't count all the other atrocities going on around the place.

I will stay out of here now, obviously I don't understand how Prince Philip, dinosaur that he was, is worse than current and former political leaders guilty of genocide. Oh and let's make certain not let that passion founder and get rid of all the dinosaurs here too, all our political parties are full of them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Four more fun facts -

I used to work in the same town where Prince Philip died.
I met my wife around the corner from where Prince Philip died.
There's a Maccas outside the castle Prince Philip died.
The Royal family are all chunts.
Before the times of the internet and mobile phones, I used to meet up with a friend at the Pub for a counter lunch while we were both in collage together. I once asked them what does the Queen actually do in the UK, they reply "nothin", I then proceeded to ask why don't they just throw the Queen out of the UK, they then answer, "nobody dares to speak wrong of the Queen, it's been like that for ages".

moorey

call me Mia
I don't think anyone said that... This is a thread about him specifically. If you want to talk about how other people are/were worse than him there's a whole Post Your Pets thread for that.
I did, and only partly tongue in cheek. And said why, mostly serious.
Ima go hate on Pekinese in the PYP thread now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There was no tongue in cheek. Ranked firmly below Donny.

Yep. If I thought any one of those was even attempting humour or tongue in cheek, I might have the slightest respect for him.
I don’t.
I’d rate Phil as worse than Don. There, I said it!
Trump has done and continues to do horrific things. The attitudes and actions of the British Monarch over the centuries have done far worse, and he embodied that tradition and seemed to revel in it.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Before the times of the internet and mobile phones, I used to meet up with a friend at the Pub for a counter lunch while we were both in collage together. I once asked them what does the Queen actually do in the UK, they reply "nothin", I then proceeded to ask why don't they just throw the Queen out of the UK, they then answer, "nobody dares to speak wrong of the Queen, it's been like that for ages".
Is "both in collage" a code for some sort of college hanky panky?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I don't think there's any value in trying to place Phillip somewhere on the Mother Theresa >> Adolf Hitler spectrum, but I do find the public outpouring of grief for a dude who so embodied the anachronisms of the Royal Family completely unrelatable. Brits have a weird relationship with the Royal Family and their imperial history though, so not entirely surprising that they can mourn the "grandfather of the nation" while ignoring that he was a total dinosaur who existed for no reason other than he was high-born and married the right lady.