Question about Rotorua Shuttles and riding Redwoods trails around Katore Rd

I'm off to Rotorua in late Jan for a real hit and run - 2 half-days to be exact. I'm trying to maximise my time in the Redwoods and make sure I get to the trails I want to ride.

The map on Flow - http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/NzoTrailMapUGArt.jpg shows shuttles running up Katore Rd. I can't find info about this anywhere else and Southstar haven't returned my email.

Is the best way to get to this area to park at Longmile Carpark and ride up or go from Waipa Carpark (keeping in mind I have limited time and don't mind walking if need be).

Cheers Aaron

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
I'm off to Rotorua in late Jan for a real hit and run - 2 half-days to be exact. I'm trying to maximise my time in the Redwoods and make sure I get to the trails I want to ride.

The map on Flow - http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/NzoTrailMapUGArt.jpg shows shuttles running up Katore Rd. I can't find info about this anywhere else and Southstar haven't returned my email.

Is the best way to get to this area to park at Longmile Carpark and ride up or go from Waipa Carpark (keeping in mind I have limited time and don't mind walking if need be).

Cheers Aaron
We went over last rotarua bike festival, the only time shuttles ran on katori rd was during the enduro race on the last weekend. as far as i know thats it, they generally dont run up there, just from cnr hill/pipeline. up to top of huckleberry.
And yes best way into redwoods was from longmile carpark end.
On first shuttle run for the day we would head over to 8 mile gate. we would ride in from slasa st. After a few days we worked out it was better to ride in behind the forrest research centre along the fencline and pops out at the bottom of redwoods, nursery rd hill climb, just below exit trail. if we wanted to get to whaka we'd head over via katore rd, to katore jumps over on tickler.

If i had a car and no time, longmile carpark for red woods, and 8 mile gate for whaka shuttles!

We went over last rotarua bike festival, the only time shuttles ran on katori rd was during the enduro race on the last weekend. as far as i know thats it, they generally dont run up there, just from cnr hill/pipeline. up to top of huckleberry.
And yes best way into redwoods was from longmile carpark end.
On first shuttle run for the day we would head over to 8 mile gate. we would ride in from slasa st. After a few days we worked out it was better to ride in behind the forrest research centre along the fencline and pops out at the bottom of redwoods, nursery rd hill climb, just below exit trail. if we wanted to get to whaka we'd head over via katore rd, to katore jumps over on tickler.

If i had a car and no time, longmile carpark for red woods, and 8 mile gate for whaka shuttles!
Excellent, thanks for the info thats great.