Quad Crown

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Anyone doing the Quad Crown?
I'll be giving the first round in Tassie a crack. The day 2 and 3 courses look like they will be pretty solid.
Quad Crown MTB
I was just looking at that. Would I be right in thinking it's a more challenging XC series or a less challenging Enduro event?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I was just looking at that. Would I be right in thinking it's a more challenging XC series or a less challenging Enduro event?
I suppose it depends on the course they set. The Tassie round was run on trails that we have had Tas Gravity Enduro series race stages on, and varied from gravel roads to green and blue single track and even a blue/black trail. This may vary due to the location, but I know that their course planner wanted some proper chunk in the course.
No having done any XC on the mainland, it's hard for me to compare but would be as much less of a roadie gravel fest that some of the races I have seen like Port to Port. A short travel trail bike would have been the ideal bike unless you were chasing the big boys up the front.
I raced it on my Levo SL and had a ball and if I have the right bike, I'd do it on a normal bike.

Jabubu

I suppose it depends on the course they set. The Tassie round was run on trails that we have had Tas Gravity Enduro series race stages on, and varied from gravel roads to green and blue single track and even a blue/black trail. This may vary due to the location, but I know that their course planner wanted some proper chunk in the course.
No having done any XC on the mainland, it's hard for me to compare but would be as much less of a roadie gravel fest that some of the races I have seen like Port to Port. A short travel trail bike would have been the ideal bike unless you were chasing the big boys up the front.
I raced it on my Levo SL and had a ball and if I have the right bike, I'd do it on a normal bike.
I was tempted to one day do the Cape to Cape in WA (got family there) or even the Reef to Reef here in Cairns but they seem to be more suited to an XC style bike.

Maybe they'll consider a Quintuple Crown if we get some of the promised 100km+ trails up this way!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone doing the Quad Crown?
I'll be giving the first round in Tassie a crack. The day 2 and 3 courses look like they will be pretty solid.
Quad Crown MTB
Liked the look of them all tbh. Might give Omeo a crack later in the year given it’ll be all new trails too. Also gives me some time to shed some kgs in time for the 35km +1500vm stage haha!

Jabubu

Liked the look of them all tbh. Might give Omeo a crack later in the year given it’ll be all new trails too. Also gives me some time to shed some kgs in time for the 35km +1500vm stage haha!
Ooh Omeo is under 200km from my cousin's house. I'm going to give this serious consideration for 2024!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Pretty long climb up Mt Sam. All gravel to the top. Pretty sure the last half (down) is all new tracks

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I was considering coming across the ditch to try either the Omeo or the Eden round.