QLD MTB Road Trip

indica

Serial flasher
We went for a road trip recently and rode a few MTB parks along the way.
First up was Gladstone. We didn't take heaps of pictures here. The park is fun. Had some good old school trails. We rode a few loops, up to the top and down a few times. Nice, dusty, rocky seemingly hand cut trails.

Hervey Bay was next where we found Toogoom trails. Good place, the trail head was nestled amongst forest. A good circuit trail to the top where several fun descending trails departed from,, small berms and tables with some really fun stuff. Across the road there are longer less groomed trails that are more outback XC style but good fun too.

indica

Serial flasher
Next was Tewantin. What a lovely place. HEAPS of cars in the carpark we stopped at. Road up the road, down 10 and then 2. Good, fun trails, berms, rocks, jumps and tables.

Then up 3 to 5. Trail 5 has those amazing trees in the third picture. Rode Trailblazer and it was heaps of fun. Fast berms big sender jumps.

indica

Serial flasher
Flicking through Trailforks found Parklands. Just off the highway. WOW, what a park. Apparently there is an Emu called Fluffy in the park.
The trails were really fun, some stuff that reminded me of Smithfield. We had a decent ride there and rode some fun old school wooden stuff before the carpark

indica

Serial flasher
Hmm, Brisbane, where to ride? Chose Samford. That was hot but good, some new tracks not on the map but on Trailforks. Big, hot climb and some fun downs.

indica

Serial flasher
Nerang. Has some history. Rode some of the newer official trails as well as some of the older stuff. Did not make it to Lost World but rode 911 and really enjoyed some of the hand made old stuff. Right up my alley.

indica

Serial flasher
Rockhampton. Wow, who would have thought. Great trails in a top spot.

Had places to be so went for a simple climb and descend

Great views

Very well sign posted and recently cleared.

Rode down K-9 - what a fucking fun track!

Great stuff, I will be back.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
These look fantastic! We want to get a camper trailer to go with the ute we're buying soon. Bikes in the tray, trailer stocked up, all the way to Caboolture. Sounds like Trailforks is well worth a purchase!

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Parklands is my local, great spot but will quickly let you know how unfit you are with lots of short sharp climbs. Mostly old school hand cut rocky rooty goodness.
Tewantin is great for flow and less challenging climbs.
Sugarbag in Caloundra is another cool spot which is currently undergoing a major makeover with a soon to open bitumen pump track, skills park and dual slalom trail. Limited elevation but a good amount of trail packed into a tight area.
And for a gentle non tech 10km singletrack loop head out to Ferny Forest on the shores of Ewen Maddock Dam. Stunning trail for all abilities and usually a coffee caravan in the carpark for afters.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Parklands is my local, great spot but will quickly let you know how unfit you are with lots of short sharp climbs. Mostly old school hand cut rocky rooty goodness.
Tewantin is great for flow and less challenging climbs.
Sugarbag in Caloundra is another cool spot which is currently undergoing a major makeover with a soon to open bitumen pump track, skills park and dual slalom trail. Limited elevation but a good amount of trail packed into a tight area.
And for a gentle non tech 10km singletrack loop head out to Ferny Forest on the shores of Ewen Maddock Dam. Stunning trail for all abilities and usually a coffee caravan in the carpark for afters.
I actually know the people that first started off Sugar bag road, good people but not a big fan of all the timbered stuff, it was originally done to make use of a small flat area.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
I agree, the good thing is you can B line most of the timber stuff and still have a fun time. The new dual slalom trail looks interesting but we won't know until it's finished.
The council have been pretty supportive with the whole area, there's now a sealed car park and once the work is finished there will be toilets and picnic areas overlooking the pump track and skills area.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I've bookmarked this thread as it will make for excellent guide for when we look for places to travel to in our new ute (when we eventually get one..)