Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To continue the pedantic, smart arsey theme.....what is the TALLEST mountain on the planet Earth?
That Hawaiian one? The one that starts in some oceanic trench? You know the one I'm talking about...

Edit: Is it Key something? Something Key?

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
That Hawaiian one? The one that starts in some oceanic trench? You know the one I'm talking about...
Well, obviously I do..............but do you?

Gold star avaliable for actually naming it. Extra points for listing the two main activities at the summit.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Odd one out round:

Who is the odd one out of the following. And why?

a: Steve McQueen
b: James Coburn
c: Jackie Chan
d: Elvis Presley
e: Roman Polanski

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Jackie Chan is the only one who is not a known statutory rapist?

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Polanski hasn't acted in a western.
Not really the answer I'm looking for but it is technically right so i'll give you it

The correct answer is that with the exception of Jackie Chan they had all studied Martial Arts under Bruce Lee. (yes even Elvis although he was apparently shite and only did a handful of lessons )

Coburn and Mcqueen were pall-bearers at Lee's funeral.

Jackie Chan did get beaten up by him in Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon but was never taught by him.

Next!

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Subscribing to thread, lurking in wait of a question I can answer.

Preparing to lurk for extended period.....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
An easy one, as my brain seems to have started Cup Day early.

Which Super Hero founded Melbourne, Victoria?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ok. Serious answer.

It was mr batman. John I think his mum called him. He wanted to call the place Batmania which is such a cooler name than Melbourne!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ok. Can you name me 4 countries with only 1 vowel in their name. That's 1 vowel occurring only once in the name (so FIJI is out) and before anyone tries to get all pedantic, for the purposes of this quiz Y is NOT a vowel.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
:thumb:

Would love to live in a place called Batmania, parliament house would be in a cool cave.