Project Hyrax: johnny's build thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The more I ride the bike the better I understand the problem. It's not that I'm reaching too far forward, indeed, a longer stem would be even more comfy. And that means, as you've said above, that it's my body that's actually tilted forward, which distributes weight differently. Bringing the bars back towards me will likely make me feel cramped, it's the seat that has to go backward, but that's already as far back as it can go. So it's basically just getting used to the new geo and aiming for trails that have more ups and downs than flats!
Nailed it. It’s just designed for a different purpose. Fun, but different fun. :)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The more I ride the bike the better I understand the problem. It's not that I'm reaching too far forward, indeed, a longer stem would be even more comfy. And that means, as you've said above, that it's my body that's actually tilted forward, which distributes weight differently. Bringing the bars back towards me will likely make me feel cramped, it's the seat that has to go backward, but that's already as far back as it can go. So it's basically just getting used to the new geo and aiming for trails that have more ups and downs than flats!
I've also read that with the new style geo core strength is more important to keep the weight off your hands, more crunches @johnny.

moorey

call me Mia
Nailed it. It’s just designed for a different purpose. Fun, but different fun. :)
100%. Every time I jump on the ENR after a few weeks on the spitty, it feels bizarre. First time felt completely foreign.
10 minute later, I’m reacquainted.
Boty awesome. Completely different. It’s a very different bike to your Trek @johnny. If you jumped back on that after a few rides on the Hyrax, your head would hurt.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Colour of the actual object has little relationship to the picture above! Wont' be as colour coded as I'd hoped, first world probs and shit.
Sadly (not so sadly though) if you want a true red anno stem, Hope is about your only option.

Spank, Funn, Diety, etc… are all a faded or pinkish red.