Project Hyrax: johnny's build thread

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Crap, wasn’t aware of that PayPal fuckery.
But what about HiBikes additions, how does 240+41=300?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bike24 does not charge oversize item fees. I see they have EX511's but unsure which ones you need.

29" x 32h looks out of stock.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Too late, unfortunately, I’ve already paid HiBikes to go on their waiting list.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not sure how I achieved it but I bought the wrong size front hub.

100 instead of 110, can only assume that I wasn't paying attention when I clicked.

Bought from Wiggle, might write to them and see what's achievable, then, maybe Hope themselves.

Fuck it.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

100 instead of 110, can only assume that I wasn't paying attention when I clicked.

Bought from Wiggle, might write to them and see what's achievable, then, maybe Hope themselves.

Fuck it.
Just buy an adapter. It gives you more equal spoke tension as well.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Yep. Felix’s last bike ran one in rear. Not ideal, but even he couldn’t hurt it in 18 months of thrashing. You’ll forget it’s there, @johnny.
Spokes will work for either.
Or buy a 110. You’ll have no issue selling off the 100mm.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
[EDIT] - I was wrong (thinking of spacer washers for some reason... :oops:), refer below.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Fuck it.
If you payed with PayPal you may be able to have the return shipping covered up to $40.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Front wheel will likely come off pretty regularly as the only car that has the carrier is also the only car that has the kid seat in it.

So annoyed at myself.

moorey

call me Mia
Front wheel will likely come off pretty regularly as the only car that has the carrier is also the only car that has the kid seat in it.

So annoyed at myself.
That doesn’t matter. Kit stays on the wheel. You won’t know it’s there.
Alternatively, I’ll take one for the team and swap you for some 8yo non boost pikes needing a service. I’ll wait…

beeb

That doesn’t matter. Kit stays on the wheel. You won’t know it’s there.
Alternatively, I’ll take one for the team and swap you for some 8yo non boost pikes needing a service. I’ll wait…
Derp, yep - good call @moorey - the Boostinator kits replace the whole cap don't they? I was thinking of spacer washers for some reason.

Cap replacement adapters will be fine @johnny. ie:

moorey

call me Mia
Either will work and you’ll never know they’re there unless you’re schralping AF. If Felix had no issues….and he’s hard on wheels….I wouldn’t sweat it. I had to dish his rear a few mm, yeah. 5 min job.

beeb

Boostinator is only single-sided isn't it? So you also need to dish the rim across.

MRP replaces both endcaps to keep the hub centred: https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/mrp-better-boost-hub-converter
IIRC, it's for a fresh build so yes, rim offset, but not starting with a pre-built wheel. As long as the spoke calcs it would be my preference. Bugger rotor spacers, not keen on them for the front wheel.

Also, not a fan of the orange anno of the MRP.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Fuck it, I've never built a bike from scratch with (almost) all new parts. If I don't get the right part it's going to bug me.

Selling this hub won't be a problem, finding the right one will be, though. But, it will just join a list of other parts that I can't get a hold of at the moment. So, I can wait.