Project Hyrax: johnny's build thread

Scotty675

Cable thief
What @kten said.
TTX air is an amazing shock. I’ve put a few extra psi in mine and it is now amazing. Mezzer is also a brilliant fork. For the $$$$ I don’t think you can beat the mezzer.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I can also confirm the CC Kitsuma coil and air are exceptional. No idea about service and maintenance but for feel they're excellent.
They are both quite good but a possible drawback with the Kitsuma (air and coil) is that is has a very wide range so finding a terrible set up easily is possible if you aren't on the ball. Also because the range is pretty large, the range between two clicks can be too big, sometimes leaving you wanting a click in between for fine tuning. Ohlins is get the pressure dialed, get rebound in the ballpark, hit some jumps to test progression...add/take away rings as necessary..fine tune rebound..done (that's a very simplified version of spending half a day bracketing but hey, some don't do that:p)

Can also get a top out on the Kitsuma coil if you like quick LSR. One of the reasons I sold mine.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Oh sorry you misunderstood. I'd go the Ohlins over the CC. I'd also go the Mezzer over most forks too.
Right, you mean Mezzer fork (was thinking the MAnitou rear shock). Yeah, I got you on the Ohlins ;) Reckon I'll be hitting my limit at $950 for the CC, still got to factor in mounting gear, shipping, etc.

Might sell the existing RS RT3. No idea how much I should ask for something like that, only about 15-20 rides old (only about 8 of those rides were serious hit outs as well).