Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm not sure how to feel about this one.

Especially when there are already original race spec F40s about.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I will (and have) watch anything with with Chris Harris in it.

The video of him basically losing his mind over a collection of concours level 80s and 90s classics is one of my favourite videos:

(@link1896 you might like this one, if you haven't seen it)
There is a moment where Chris hints that they might need to stop filming so he can have some 'private time' with himself o_O

so many awesome cars. When I saw the Porsche 928GTS, I almost had some private time :eek:
When I was a kid, the neighbours across the street had a 928S. It sounded lovely when they started it and the v8 growled into life.
I think it was the aero shape and the V8 engine that were the great things, that and it was apparently more comfortable to drive long distance over less than perfect roads, and less likely to kill you than the 911 cars of the time.

Also, the 911 just seemed like a wonky arse car that the engineers at Porsche had progressively un-fucked over the last 50 odd years, to make the current generation that appears to be sorted out.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There is a moment where Chris hints that they might need to stop filming so he can have some 'private time' with himself o_O

so many awesome cars. When I saw the Porsche 928GTS, I almost had some private time :eek:
When I was a kid, the neighbours across the street had a 928S. It sounded lovely when they started it and the v8 growled into life.
I think it was the aero shape and the V8 engine that were the great things, that and it was apparently more comfortable to drive long distance over less than perfect roads, and less likely to kill you than the 911 cars of the time.

Also, the 911 just seemed like a wonky arse car that the engineers at Porsche had progressively un-fucked over the last 50 odd years, to make the current generation that appears to be sorted out.
One of my Dad's mates bought an early 928 and took me for a drive in it as a 10 year old back in the day. It (not the 911) cemented my love for Porsches. And yeah you're right so far advanced of anything else at the time in so many ways. Even won European Car Of The Year (to date the only sports car to ever do so). And yes a final iteration GTS remains top of the pile for me too. Too bad so many 928s are autos. The rare af manual ones are meant to be epic.

911s have been largely sorted since the 993 era, arguably the earlier 964 if you count the 4WD ones. It was probably the refinement of the 993 that did more than anything else to kill off the 928 :(

Pretty cool that someone has finally decided to restomod them too. I would have a very hard time choosing between this and a Singer...

Porsche-928-Restomod-5.jpeg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
One of my Dad's mates bought an early 928 and took me for a drive in it as a 10 year old back in the day. It (not the 911) cemented my love for Porsches. And yeah you're right so far advanced of anything else at the time in so many ways. Even won European Car Of The Year (to date the only sports car to ever do so). And yes a final iteration GTS remains top of the pile for me too. Too bad so many 928s are autos. The rare af manual ones are meant to be epic.

911s have been largely sorted since the 993 era, arguably the earlier 964 if you count the 4WD ones. It was probably the refinement of the 993 that did more than anything else to kill off the 928 :(

Pretty cool that someone has finally decided to restomod them too. I would have a very hard time choosing between this and a Singer...

View attachment 398004

1679110838412.png

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Saw this and thought I needed to share it with @Haakon - then I started watching it and it's a great laugh!

The accents, the way he's swinging off the steering wheel and linking corners - good times. :p