Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Never really paid much attention to it before as Jap cars dont do it for me, but recently seeing some frog mobiles id dearly love have become cheap in Japan and the UK - and started looking at the import rules.

Fuck me dead, I really dont want to think a fellow public servant is either stupid or corrupt, but im really struggling to find another explanation.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Never really paid much attention to it before as Jap cars dont do it for me, but recently seeing some frog mobiles id dearly love have become cheap in Japan and the UK - and started looking at the import rules.

Fuck me dead, I really dont want to think a fellow public servant is either stupid or corrupt, but im really struggling to find another explanation.
If you do it, do it this year. Hybrids and EVs only after this year. Call Just Jap for Japanese imports.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
If you do it, do it this year. Hybrids and EVs only after this year. Call Just Jap for Japanese imports.

Doesn't matter, cant import what i want now anyway... Laguna Coupe is 109.6 kw per tonne and the cut off for a "performance" is 110... So I'm allowed import extremely powerful cars and random pos kei cars, a sedate luxo barge coupe that was never sold here is a no no. wtaf?

And it falls under the rarity criteria for RHD models, but they dont care about that and lump LHD and RHD versions together. But of make a massive fuss about importing LHD cars. Really dumb.

And yeah, EVs and hybrids only it seems going forward. I can only assume corrupt and protecting new car importers.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
2009? Surely the majority of the de-tuning is software based?
I'm sure it is, and given the wealth of go fast bits for the VQ Im sure it would be dead easy to massively improve on that. But the point is thats what's quoted as the power output by the manufacturer and what's used against the extremely arbitrary 110kw/tonne the import people have decided on. Apparently car enthusiasts only care about power. So much for also caring about road safety...

wtaf? this shit gives public servants a bad name... Rules written by people who have no clue about cars, which tracks given my experience in Canberra.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm sure it is, and given the wealth of go fast bits for the VQ Im sure it would be dead easy to massively improve on that. But the point is thats what's quoted as the power output by the manufacturer and what's used against the extremely arbitrary 110kw/tonne the import people have decided on. Apparently car enthusiasts only care about power. So much for also caring about road safety...

wtaf? this shit gives public servants a bad name... Rules written by people who have no clue about cars, which tracks given my experience in Canberra.
Just get a Nismo e-note already, or even better the Nismo Juke R. Who doesn't want a GTR engine in a cute 4 door?