Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Colin MacRae, Richard Burns and Possum Bourne will be kicking the shit out of you in your dreams tonight.

I had a 2.5l STI engine, suspension and brakes transplanted into an XT body as a Q car. It was great on country roads. A car with more power, less grip or less suspension travel would suck balls on some of the shit roads in NSW.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
And? It was my opinion. This is yours. All good.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
PS I just love how he's kicking a Fiesta. I was actually looking for a picture of home losing it when he had to come second to Sainz on team orders.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just love how proper rare these things are. Unlike the late model stuff.

Still remember my first drive in a C36, glorious thing in their day. V8 C43 W202 was even better.

View attachment 397693
I used to work with a guy that had a nice C36.

Loved how the older ones were subtle and only had the nicer wheels, square exhaust tips and the AMG and a tiny more fairing tacked on. Still have to look twice.

Sounded great and went like hell and just class inside.

The Mercedes really need that earlier magic back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Worked on one of these when I was an apprentice, fuck it was a nice car for back then.

View attachment 397718
View attachment 397719
Years ago when I had my ex group E E21 bmw on my way home from um interstate, um, I was a willing party to some twisty fun with a 450 sel (I think). Lots of mountain pass runs with some fast runs, clearly all within the legal limit. Ummmmm. It was years ago... etc. Went on for a couple of hours at vmax, legal vmax obviously.

Anyway it dropped back and we continued on. Stopped half an hour or so later for fuel and a top up. The merc rolled in looking very hot. Guy popped the bonnet and steam and oil smoke was everywhere. Silly bugger said it started getting hot chasing me and he kept into it until it started slowing down by itself. Probably split a water hose or similar. No idea what really happened because it was red hot and we had to hit the road again. Looked expensive.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Years ago when I had my ex group E E21 bmw on my way home from um interstate, um, I was a willing party to some twisty fun with a 450 sel (I think). Lots of mountain pass runs with some fast runs, clearly all within the legal limit. Ummmmm. It was years ago... etc. Went on for a couple of hours at vmax, legal vmax obviously.

Anyway it dropped back and we continued on. Stopped half an hour or so later for fuel and a top up. The merc rolled in looking very hot. Guy popped the bonnet and steam and oil smoke was everywhere. Silly bugger said it started getting hot chasing me and he kept into it until it started slowing down by itself. Probably split a water hose or similar. No idea what really happened because it was red hot and we had to hit the road again. Looked expensive.
They were a heavy car from memory for the size, way under braked for the power they had. This one was mint, an old bloke owned it from new and really looked after it.

ausdb

Being who he is
Took the exhaust off a 600 Pantah this afternoon, unfortunately it's not mine, just one of my brothers collection scattered across the country.
DSC_2783-picsay.jpg
It required much brute force, significant amounts of ignorance and a few choice words to spring them out of where they mount. As the front header pipes were rusted into the crossover H pipe section and it is meant to come apart in three sections and they are all original Conti bits so was under threat of death not to destroy them. But I owe my little bro a few favours for picking up and sending me bike stuff from the other side of the country and he wants them for a different project.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ah figured it out. It's a mk II Sricocco. That's hot. Is that what that Hyundai N74 concept is based on?