Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Finally, I would probably get more enjoyment from the GTR on the road with less risk. Just driving around and giggling with my kids every time the lights changed, the car went PSHHH PSHHH and instantly went from 0-60 would be enough. I can't wait for the school run.
Just about anybody with a BOV in a 5 km radius will be lining you up for a race at each set of lights. That will be fun for a little while until it loses its gloss.

There would also be sheer terror if you dared to park it in shopping centre car park provided you can make it over the speed humps in the first place.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I would love a GT3 (or a GT4) as well but they are even more out of reach than a GTR. The depreciation would also be scary. Even a $300k 2015 model would still have a lot of deprecating to do, let alone servicing, spares, Cup 2s etc etc.

I also suspect that the skill requirements for the Porsche would be much higher and I simply don't have the time for lots of training and track time. I do have some training but probably not enough for a CAMS license.

Finally, I would probably get more enjoyment from the GTR on the road with less risk. Just driving around and giggling with my kids every time the lights changed, the car went PSHHH PSHHH and instantly went from 0-60 would be enough. I can't wait for the school run.

If you are going to get a JDM R35, make it soon. The REVS loophole that allows early JDM ones in is likely to close this year.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I will just have to drive other peoples... Not R35 for me. The mate with the GT3 bought it for $400k and sold it 3 years later for $425. I could have had it for what he paid. Not sure what they are going for now. Moind you his GT2RS was no change from over $800k.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
One of the cars I take to the track isn't quick off the line but handles pretty well. Dumbarse up the road with an auto Mustang gave me some shit in the village one day so I just said come along to a sprint day at Lakeside. If you are faster than me I will pay your day out, likewise if I am faster than you you pay mine. But if my slowest time is faster than your fastest you fund my year. He declined. I would love to have seen him backwards in the grass and then cough up a years sprint fees.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
One of the cars I take to the track isn't quick off the line but handles pretty well. Dumbarse up the road with an auto Mustang gave me some shit in the village one day so I just said come along to a sprint day at Lakeside. If you are faster than me I will pay your day out, likewise if I am faster than you you pay mine. But if my slowest time is faster than your fastest you fund my year. He declined. I would love to have seen him backwards in the grass and then cough up a years sprint fees.
The Ford Fiesta? There's a lot of quick cars around here but the morons around here tend to drive utes. Incidentally, very few Mustangs to be seen, but lots of F150s and Rams.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Get one of these low compression heads for it, heaps cheaper to run.
The YouTube channel from an engine salvage shop in the USA tears down a really busted engine weekly, quite fun to watch. Until they ripped down a viper v10, they had never seen a wrist pin damaged. Some truely amazingly exhibitions of destruction.

The Audi BXA V10 that was recently torn down, wow complicated and 9/10 times engine out for even simple maintenance tasks as the engine was originally designed for the rear engined sports car and not a front engined saloon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just about anybody with a BOV in a 5 km radius will be lining you up for a race at each set of lights. That will be fun for a little while until it loses its gloss.

There would also be sheer terror if you dared to park it in shopping centre car park provided you can make it over the speed humps in the first place.
Police target on the head with the POV too.

Oddjob

There is a monthly car meet not far from here and there is always one that has to lay down some rubber.

Like shooting fish in a barrel for the local constabulary who just have to wait for the inevitable.
Laying down rubber is very hard in an R35.

Oddjob

The Audi BXA V10 that was recently torn down, wow complicated and 9/10 times engine out for even simple maintenance tasks as the engine was originally designed for the rear engined sports car and not a front engined saloon.

I still dream about having a MTM C6 Audi RS6 Avant. Glad they were never available in Aus.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There is a monthly car meet not far from here and there is always one that has to lay down some rubber.

Like shooting fish in a barrel for the local constabulary who just have to wait for the inevitable.
There's going to be a lot of lessons learnt here. The roads are no place to play around on these days either, when the hoon laws first came out in Qld the cops used to bait people in undercover cars.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There's going to be a lot of lessons learnt here. The roads are no place to play around on these days either, when the hoon laws first came out in Qld the cops used to bait people in undercover cars.
There is always atlesst one punter willing to roll the dice.

Have to admit that uber powered cars in 60 zones is an awkward match.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fitted the timing belt kit, and finished the engine assembly on the marketplace Megane with bent valves that got a new head.

Fired right up, idled perfectly, no nasty noises.

AC even works on this thing, and auto feels ok, but a bit clunky so will be happier with new fluid.

Thats all a bit of a win for today.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I should follow up on the R35. They are an amazing drive though a bit clinical feeling. Compared to the GT2 or GT3 RS's it was like a video game with minimal feedback but still thoroughly rewarding and immense ability. Unlike my drives of the porkers I did not push the R35 and maybe that is part of the feeling. But I wanted one. Especially after sitting in the Nismo version in the Nissan gallery in Ginza. Options we could only dream of were stock standard in that thing... But I would have the GT3RS any day of the week.
A mate of mine has a GT3 with the correct number of pedals, such an engaging drive.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This ^^^. I owned a MY98 WRX for many years and didn't it just excel in encouraging every twat in a Commodore to lay rubber regardless of location. I recently purchased a 2019 Audi SQ5 and it seems to have the same effect on BMW drivers....
I hear you. When I take out the Mazda MPS then there is always someone that wants to line up for a race. Those slip lanes don't help to promote nice driving behaviour. I don't bite that much and generally let them go even with an endless supply of idiots out there.