Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
View attachment 391955

To quote the guy from High Peak Autos on YouTube "Huge black rims on a Range Rover take it from country estate, to failed rapper on a council estate". Step 1 of my project was to get rid of the naff 22 inch black rims, so I found some original RRS 20 inch rims with tyres on gumtree for a great price.

Step 2 is figuring out why the suspension sags overnight. It seems like a front valve block issue based on my YouTube/forum diagnostics. I'll order one in and change that before looking for anything more dramatic.
There is a very small and faint part of my brain that might have said "that looks cool". But dont worry, I located it and immediately took it out the back and shot it.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
View attachment 391955

To quote the guy from High Peak Autos on YouTube "Huge black rims on a Range Rover take it from country estate, to failed rapper on a council estate". Step 1 of my project was to get rid of the naff 22 inch black rims, so I found some original RRS 20 inch rims with tyres on gumtree for a great price.

Step 2 is figuring out why the suspension sags overnight. It seems like a front valve block issue based on my YouTube/forum diagnostics. I'll order one in and change that before looking for anything more dramatic.
Love the look of these. Plenty of updates please, I'm keen to know if they really are the scary money pit some people say they are.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Love the look of these. Plenty of updates please, I'm keen to know if they really are the scary money pit some people say they are.
Define scary money pit. If you want scary money pit have a look at the servicing costs for Audi Q7s. Would explain why you see very few early ones.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Define scary money pit. If you want scary money pit have a look at the servicing costs for Audi Q7s. Would explain why you see very few early ones.
Servicing and resale, nothing like spending 150K on a car and 5 years later, its advertised for 45K... fark knows if they actually sell.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Pfft. Amateur. Try a Megane 2 - whole bumper off and headlight out to do this or an indicator globe.
Not much holds the bumper on, I was suprised taking mine apart. 4 bolts underneath, 2 in each arch, pop out all the clips on the slam panel. Wiggle and pop off.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Not much holds the bumper on, I was suprised taking mine apart. 4 bolts underneath, 2 in each arch, pop out all the clips on the slam panel. Wiggle and pop off.
Pretty much. Once you know how, you can change both headlight globes in 20 minutes, but it looks like major surgery at least with the bumper off!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Managed to pull the guard liner out of the way and get to the low beam globe in a not so delicate manner, the retention clip is a nasty piece of work.

Sadly I was caught short on globes and had to buy globes retail at supercheapauto, that my step son proudly told the sales lady should be called “super expensive auto” after we were comparing SCA pricing to online sellers pricing.

I traditionally use Osrams, but had to slum it with Narva h7 globes.

While searching the offerings I noticed the Narva led drop in kits have “off road use only, not adr approved” hidden in tiny text rotated at 90 degrees to all other text to hide the fact as best they can. Narva and SCA have some balls. While there is no ADR spec/test for drop in LED’s yet, surely it has to happen, madness to give auto insurance companies an out and fuck over some poor unsuspecting member of the public.

My parting thought for the morning, after cutting my hand on jagged sheet metal was “If you can’t say something nice, you must be talking about Mazda”.

Globe supports are brown from UV and IR degradation , 2011 cx7 with 70k km, and lenses are shagged.

Cars. FFS. Hurry up and give me my teleportation machine.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Bought myself a '97 FZR250 last night - my brother is picking it up while he's in the area for a snow trip this weekend.
Just needs some paint and reassembly I'm told, we'll see if any other surprises show up.

I'm so excited to get into this one.
Brother delivered the bike last night, it's all there and in good shape - aside from the key. Old mate knew the key was missing, but for some reason put a honda key in the ignition of my yamaha when he handed it off. All good, a new key barrell/key/fuel tank lock set is ~$50 on ebay. I will try and get the original key though, so I can use the helmet lock and whatever other lock is on the tail.