Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Uh, I've done something really stupid. In fact, this should probably be in the fuckwit thread.

I've been waiting for the Model Y Long Range to launch in Australia as I think it will perfectly suit my family. However, there is no known arrival date and when it does arrive it'll have a 9-12 month waiting period for delivery.

Until then I've bought my last ICE car. I thought I would go out with a bang and buy something that I've always wanted, but also knew it wouldn't be sensible to own for more than a few years. What better way to transition to the future than with a high mileage Land Rover with some known issues. It is a 2012 Range Rover Sport with the old boxy style that I've always loved which I picked up privately for a great price... suspicious.

I bought this in Sydney and drove it back to Melbourne yesterday and it was pretty much flawless on the drive. I was half expecting it to explode on the 900km trip, so I was pleasantly surprised to arrive without a single check engine light. But it has a few things that need to be fixed so it'll be a fun project car for a year or two.

The first thing I need to fix is to get rid of the black 22 inch rims because I'm definitely not a drug dealer. I think it has an air suspension leak as this morning it seemed to have sunk, or being lowered by some nocturnal hoodlums in the street.

It was surprisingly efficient on the highway, with the diesel engine managing 8.3L/100km for the trip. Not a bad effort for an aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically disappointing 10 year old 2500kg brick.

Preparing for some Land Rover jokes. I'll start.

If you want to make a little bit of money, start with a lot of money and buy a Land Rover.

If you want to go somewhere remote buy a Land Rover, it you want to come back buy a Toyota.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Uh, I've done something really stupid. In fact, this should probably be in the fuckwit thread.

I've been waiting for the Model Y Long Range to launch in Australia as I think it will perfectly suit my family. However, there is no known arrival date and when it does arrive it'll have a 9-12 month waiting period for delivery.

Until then I've bought my last ICE car. I thought I would go out with a bang and buy something that I've always wanted, but also knew it wouldn't be sensible to own for more than a few years. What better way to transition to the future than with a high mileage Land Rover with some known issues. It is a 2012 Range Rover Sport with the old boxy style that I've always loved which I picked up privately for a great price... suspicious.

I bought this in Sydney and drove it back to Melbourne yesterday and it was pretty much flawless on the drive. I was half expecting it to explode on the 900km trip, so I was pleasantly surprised to arrive without a single check engine light. But it has a few things that need to be fixed so it'll be a fun project car for a year or two.

View attachment 391618

The first thing I need to fix is to get rid of the black 22 inch rims because I'm definitely not a drug dealer. I think it has an air suspension leak as this morning it seemed to have sunk, or being lowered by some nocturnal hoodlums in the street.

It was surprisingly efficient on the highway, with the diesel engine managing 8.3L/100km for the trip. Not a bad effort for an aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically disappointing 10 year old 2500kg brick.

View attachment 391619

If you want to make a little bit of money, start with a lot of money and buy a Land Rover.

If you want to go somewhere remote buy a Land Rover, it you want to come back buy a Toyota.
Hehe welcome to the club. First thing would be to get the Compomotive 18" rims. Then find a good independent mechanic, the factory workshops are generally shit.

Get the transmission checked. They were marketed as never needing a service but in fact every 50,000-75,000 is when they need a service. Join www.aulro.com lots of good advice.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Range Rover Sport
Save your money on the upgrades. You'll need it for electrical repairs and new suspension before too long, possibly the auto too.

Rangeys are bloody brilliant vehicles. You've just gotta make sure that they are on a lease that doesn't run for any more than 3 years before they self destruct.

PS I'm kinda jealous as I want one, but don't.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

View attachment 391618

View attachment 391619

Do a sick cunt ya burnout yiewwwwww

Shame all your yeti’s broke cause they’d look sick on the bike rack when your parked up on a highway.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@k3n!f - love it !
previously have had a P38 and 2010 - they are fantastic , but may eat money .
As @Oddjob reminds you , join aulro , get the trans serviced , and buy a scan tool .
ps , the suspension may have a leaky fitting …

oh and both of mine got to 275,000 km and 295,000km on the L320, but did need a trans replaced - I had towed campers and caravans - never ‘ hardcore stuff, but certainly desert touring and remote stuff .

The most comfortable and capable vehicles I have ever owned - but occasionally heartbreakers hahaha

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You went to the cheapest place, right?
Jax in Prahan. Yeah, there was a 4 for 3 special on Eagle F1s… And Prahan was convenient after getting off the ferry and heading north… Ended up being half the price of PS5, but they were going to be from the tyre shop in Ringwood I’ve been using for years who is a fellow renault nut and wouldn’t have messed up the rims…