Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
More like why did you buy one of them? Dreadful things… Did you get the gutless underwhelming petrol you need to rev the tits off to get anywhere, or the dodgy diesel that’s likes to fill it’s oil sump up with diesel?
Both of them have the same floppy sloppy handling though, but then it’s an suv so that’s expected I guess…

Do they not sell the 6 wagon anymore ? A vastly superior car in every single way….
My partner has a CX-3 and annoyingly it's pretty good. I wanted her to get a 3 (actually I wanted her to get a Focus but nvm). Drives nicely, handles well and has a bit of grunt. Is a manual though.

A 6 Wagon is a damn fine looking vehicle. Do like.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
More like why did you buy one of them? Dreadful things… Did you get the gutless underwhelming petrol you need to rev the tits off to get anywhere, or the dodgy diesel that’s likes to fill it’s oil sump up with diesel?
Both of them have the same floppy sloppy handling though, but then it’s an suv so that’s expected I guess…

Do they not sell the 6 wagon anymore ? A vastly superior car in every single way….
I feel I should point out that if it starts without throwing a code, it beats your cars.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
My partner has a CX-3 and annoyingly it's pretty good. I wanted her to get a 3 (actually I wanted her to get a Focus but nvm). Drives nicely, handles well and has a bit of grunt. Is a manual though.

A 6 Wagon is a damn fine looking vehicle. Do like.
The most recent focus in a wagon in a manual 3 cylinder is very decent bit of kit indeed.

The Mazda 2 based CX3 doesn't suffer the barge arse floppy syndrome as much as the CX5.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

As someone who drives a white Toyota awd these days I was thinking nice rig to transport hobos.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My partner has a CX-7, FWD. Deadly pos handling wise. Build quality is nice. Engine is quite good. Spare part pricing is fucking rude.

It only does short trips for school runs, I’m about to install a Fumoto oil valve in the rear muffler to drain the water out before it needs its 4th muffler.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It only does short trips for school runs, I’m about to install a Fumoto oil valve in the rear muffler to drain the water out before it needs its 4th muffler.
Just drill a hole in it - thats the factory solution for the rear muffler on the Alfa ;) A small hole a couple of mms wont let noise out, but it does drain the water.

Its common across all manufacturers, yours might already have one thats blocked?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just drill a hole in it - thats the factory solution for the rear muffler on the Alfa ;) A small hole a couple of mms wont let noise out, but it does drain the water.

Its common across all manufacturers, yours might already have one thats blocked?
Constantly clogs the weep hole, I was trying to be nice and responsible but might just go all uncle buck on it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Constantly clogs the weep hole, I was trying to be nice and responsible but might just go all uncle buck on it.
Nek minnit...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Pilot Sport 5 and hang the expense, or something a little cheaper? Goodyear Eagle Sport perhaps?
Pilot Sport 4S is a very good tire. Mega soft, INSANE handling, edges out 5 slightly. PS5 due soonish that will redefine everything but price will be eye watering.

I really like the Auto Bild tests for thoroughness.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah, $220 a throw even with the $100 cash back offer for the PS5... In 225/45-17.

Or 165 a throw for the F1 Sport or 175 a throw for Conti maxcontact6 which are both asia market only and made in china.

think i just answered my own questions, never mind. I'll forget the expense soon enough.

One of the factory fitted Turanza T001 has gone out of round with less than 30K on them :(

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Looks familiar, about 15 years ago I drove a Daihatsu Charade from Adelaide to Sydney. The rear trailing link bolt fell out, and started dragging on the road. luckily it was the rear end of the arm, or it might have pole vaulted the back of the car.
I used an Allen key to replace the missing bolt and held it with a zip tie around the shorter bit of the "L" shaped key.
I'd like to say I left it like that for years, to help the story, but I bought a bolt at the next big town

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just remember there are cars out on the roads like this...
…and heavy vehicles too.

Worst I’ve ever seen was a “carni” (carnival/fairground ride transport) truck. In the rear engine mounts, there was meant to be 3x long 14mm bolts holding the engine brackets to each mount. There was one 10mm Bunnings cheese-spec bolt in one mount.

They’d driven it in due to a “noise from under the truck”:

From memory they paid for the uni joint (after a lot of arguing), but refused to pay for the engine mount bolts as we “were just picking things that aren’t worth worrying about” (despite us explaining that there was only the front engine mount rubber and one 10mm bolt holding half a tonne of engine and gearbox in). I think we wore a set of bolts and fitted them to the engine mount holes that still had threads left just to try and stop them killing someone.

And these were (probably still are) the people that maintain fairground rides that people stick their kids on… :oops: