Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So a mate in Scandinavia sent me a link for a Sport Quattro for sale down the road from him. You know the proper Quattro from 1984. Crazy cheap. So I started doing the sums of how much to get it here etc etc. Ad was in Norse or Danish or something. Anyway brain settled and I did a separate search and yes they are going for 500,000 and up. Hmmmmmm. Turns out it has been cobbled together and has no pedigree. Not even a real Quattro of any model. Sort of declared in the ad, sort of.

:(

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
happy days! Black Fridays delivered, Billet oil pump gears and backing plate and a new Atomic HD timing chain kit. Now just to replace that shitty AF tail shaft with something that can handle the power! GJ drivelines here we come!

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
So a mate in Scandinavia sent me a link for a Sport Quattro for sale down the road from him. You know the proper Quattro from 1984. Crazy cheap. So I started doing the sums of how much to get it here etc etc. Ad was in Norse or Danish or something. Anyway brain settled and I did a separate search and yes they are going for 500,000 and up. Hmmmmmm. Turns out it has been cobbled together and has no pedigree. Not even a real Quattro of any model. Sort of declared in the ad, sort of.

:(
Yep, lots of cut-and-shut jobs starting to get done now
Especially as some of these things are going for CRAZY prices
Delta S4 Stradale went for 400k-500k four years ago. Two years ago one sold for 1m+

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don’t care what car it is, can be a car you love that gives you the warm fuzzies every time you look at it, pulling a dash is a prick of a job
This wasn’t all that bad in the scheme of things… Had it out in about an hour and a half. Not done one of these before, but enough similarities to the Megane it’s based on to give me a head start. Few minutes to swap out the fan and back together in an hour.

I’ve done worse dash out jobs….

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This wasn’t all that bad in the scheme of things… Had it out in about an hour and a half. Not done one of these before, but enough similarities to the Megane it’s based on to give me a head start. Few minutes to swap out the fan and back together in an hour.

I’ve done worse dash out jobs….
Courageous effort.

I would be spending too much time trying to figure out why things didn't work as well as they did before I pulled it apart.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Courageous effort.

I would be spending too much time trying to figure out why things didn't work as well as they did before I pulled it apart.
There was a minor moment after putting it back together when I found an unconnected loom I didn’t know what it connected to…

Luckily it was for the clutch switches on a manual version - obviously cheaper to make one loom for manual and autos.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Friend of a friend.

2020 Lambo, sunday morning, windscreen washer dude at the traffic lights didn’t take too well to being told no for a wash job

Jumped on bonnet of the lambo and stomped the windscreen

80k claim. Glass fragments inside duct vents of the dash.

Dash out. Bet that was a prick of a job

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There was a minor moment after putting it back together when I found an unconnected loom I didn’t know what it connected to…

Luckily it was for the clutch switched on a manual version - obviously cheaper to make one loom for manual and autos.
Just the sort of thing that you don't want to think about at that time........ did I miss this or do I even need it.....

Glad you got it all back together.