Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Same can be said about the E Type designers and the F Pace. and a bunch of other examples...
Yeah but Jaguars have largely been off the boil for a long time (S Type, X Type etc.) At least the F Pace is paying homage to historic Jaguars by trying to be innovative and modern (even if it's a shitty SUV)
Good effort, but see you and raise you:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Same can be said about the E Type designers and the F Pace. and a bunch of other examples...
Indeed. The F Pace reminds me of recently made Chinese MG. Full charisma bypass.

Most new cars have gone the way of the modern CF MTB frame. Pull the badges and stickers off and it can be hard to figure out who made it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Indeed. The F Pace reminds me of recently made Chinese MG. Full charisma bypass.

Most new cars have gone the way of the modern CF MTB frame. Pull the badges and stickers off and it can be hard to figure out who made it.
Yeah, as soon as they see one manufacturer is a success with a body style everyone copies it, just look at the Subie Bug Eye bonnet scoop even Hiluxes have them now.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah, as soon as they see one manufacturer is a success with a body style everyone copies it, just look at the Subie Bug Eye bonnet scoop even Hiluxes have them now.
They all seem great at making average looking at best cars. The era of nice designs seems to be long gone and sleeping soundly.
At least the Hilux didn't get the bug eye's too. Subaru seem to consistently make funny looking things while Nissan and Honda get inspired and clap their hands.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Or that every family car / wagon is now a 5 door hatchback with elephantitis posing as a "crossover". And they're every third fucking car you see on the road.

The Pontiac Aztek was just ahead of its time....

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The 2018 Giulietta isn’t a terrible thing to have in the driveway as our modern daily. Despite the hassles with the dealer and the hailstorm and insurance companies, it still makes me smile when I give it some welly and it doesn’t blend into all the modern clones in the carpark.

It’s not a rocket with only 125kws, but it gets along ok.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I had a 1983 Guiietta for a couple of years in the late 90s. Aside from the expected sloppy shifting it was a classy and fun vehicle for $3k.
Sold it for a 1970(?) GTV with a similar engine but a whole lot more sex.

This kinda makes me bar up ....

View attachment 381999

That looks like a load of fun. The Guilietta's come up looking great and even practical.

I have a friend who had a 105 long ago. He pumped a load of $$$ into it and did a lot of work on it himself. Took a few years.

It went like hell and I remember it needed some weight in the back to get traction or it would tramp around if you really gave it a lot of throttle. I don't think it weighed very much either. A sack of something heavy sure helped rear wheel traction. That was a great little car and love how they look.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The 2018 Giulietta isn’t a terrible thing to have in the driveway as our modern daily. Despite the hassles with the dealer and the hailstorm and insurance companies, it still makes me smile when I give it some welly and it doesn’t blend into all the modern clones in the carpark.

It’s not a rocket with only 125kws, but it gets along ok.View attachment 382000
Very nice. The do look great and have that classic Alfa lineage look. You won't miss it in the carpark. The Alfa interiors all have that flair that not much else in that price will have.

I'd love to have an Alfa one day but have personal issues to beat into submission first.