Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Minlak

custom titis
Try this in the right thread - No idea why it ended up in seat post height thread -

Roadworthy Done - Tyre Dates Checked - Oil Changed - Brakes Bled - Just got to register it now
Will change screen to double bubble tinted screen and might have to change levers - reflector delete - Will prob get a new slip on too but this one isnt too obnoxious at least.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
About 20 years ago... I bought a rusty unloved silver and blue Ducati 860GTS off an out-there character from Byron Bay. It would start and run for a few minutes, then the engine would die and not start again for several minutes. I got it for $1500. Over a 6 month period, with heaps of time and effort, I turned it into the bike below. My son was born later that year... I needed the funds...so I sold it. Wish I hadn't.

Minlak

custom titis
Could be a fuckwits thread crossover - Undecided currently.

I put the Akrapovic slip on onto the Ninja and whilst ti sounded better than the singer sewing machine sound you get from the stock exhaust the sound wasn't "Emotive" - My last bike was a Suzuki GSX 1000 R with a Yoshi system and it had a nice burble and sounded mean like you were ready to unleash something.
New Slip-ons all have to meet Euro emission standards so the baffles are held in by a bolt that is spot welded in and the bolt is threaded from the inside and the cap covering it is pop riveted on so you cant just remove it. I drilled all the rivets an then could not get the carbon end cap off - Worried about breaking it I ended up taking it tot he shop and they took some time but eventually got the entire end off - Seems just the cap doesn't come off anymore.
Removed the baffle and reassembled the Slip-On using black pop rivets (as I thought would look nicer) and now they are in I am not 100% sure I like the look - Too make matters worse the exhaust now is just louder not nicer - I had low expectations dude to the Cat and Muffler box still being in place but even this I am not sure now - Sounds more drone ish than burble - ish.

Working out how to put the baffle back in now with out pulling it apart again - might get it tack welded in place :)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Could be a fuckwits thread crossover - Undecided currently.

I put the Akrapovic slip on onto the Ninja and whilst ti sounded better than the singer sewing machine sound you get from the stock exhaust the sound wasn't "Emotive" - My last bike was a Suzuki GSX 1000 R with a Yoshi system and it had a nice burble and sounded mean like you were ready to unleash something.
New Slip-ons all have to meet Euro emission standards so the baffles are held in by a bolt that is spot welded in and the bolt is threaded from the inside and the cap covering it is pop riveted on so you cant just remove it. I drilled all the rivets an then could not get the carbon end cap off - Worried about breaking it I ended up taking it tot he shop and they took some time but eventually got the entire end off - Seems just the cap doesn't come off anymore.
Removed the baffle and reassembled the Slip-On using black pop rivets (as I thought would look nicer) and now they are in I am not 100% sure I like the look - Too make matters worse the exhaust now is just louder not nicer - I had low expectations dude to the Cat and Muffler box still being in place but even this I am not sure now - Sounds more drone ish than burble - ish.

Working out how to put the baffle back in now with out pulling it apart again - might get it tack welded in place :)
I just saw the word Akrapovic and went to my happy place.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Those things were a handful!
They were indeed, and it wasn't the power. When I first rode one I was shocked at how mellow they were. The power delivery was nothing like the KTM 250s we were riding at the time (and maybe even less peak power). What really made them exciting to ride was the woeful suspension / handling.

Nice resto job though.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Anyone know what might have 4x100 steel wheels in 17 inch…?
The 17" is probably the stretch here.

Also (and this is a pet hate of mine and you're probably already all over this) but while the PCD (eg 4 x 100) and offset are important when fitting different wheels, the MOST important measurement is the center bore diameter. I don't know of any car produced in the last 30 years that has the weight supported or wheel located by the studs/bolts. It's the center bore/hub interface that does all of the aligning and although you can literally bolt up any wheel with the right PCD, if the center bore isn't right it is a f*up waiting to happen.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The 17" is probably the stretch here.

Also (and this is a pet hate of mine and you're probably already all over this) but while the PCD (eg 4 x 100) and offset are important when fitting different wheels, the MOST important measurement is the center bore diameter. I don't know of any car produced in the last 30 years that has the weight supported or wheel located by the studs/bolts. It's the center bore/hub interface that does all of the aligning and although you can literally bolt up any wheel with the right PCD, if the center bore isn't right it is a f*up waiting to happen.
Yep, have searched high and low on the interwebs with no joy. Plenty of alloy options, but no steelies. and of course Renault uses their own 60.1mm centre bore - so anything needs to bored out or sleeved...

Apparently trailers dont use the centre bore though and are centred in the bolts.