Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The power curve on those new 2strokes are pretty good. The EFI ones are even better but almost feel a bit dull.. I have a Kx250 that goes from nothing to 60HP in about 500rpm as it tries to rip your arms from their sockets. Good times.
Yeah I changed the power valve spring back to the stock one after that and it’s smoothed it out nicely.
It’s definitely no 250 MX bike.

To be honest it surprised me with how easy it is to ride, much nicer than my old 525exc and 125sx.

The New ones are great but stretch the budget a little too much. Not to mention this was an impulse buy.
No premix and you don’t have to play around with jetting? Brilliant.

stirk

Burner
So, never ride someone else's bike you aren’t prepared to buy.
This absolute unit is now mine, white KTM TE300, 60hrs run time. Very silly, I love it.

Does anyone have an experience with mousse tubes? I’ve only ever had tubes and tubeless on bikes, this thing has a mousse up front and I’m unsure what to look for regarding it’s condition and whether it needs replacing or not.
Bike sat around garaged since 2018, so cleaned the carb and whacked some fresh fuel in. Ran a little rough sunday, much better now.
DO NOT hold jet needles in your mouth while cleaning, it kinda burns the lips. I will never do that again.View attachment 375617
Nice one. Did husky just do the styling?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The power curve on those new 2strokes are pretty good. The EFI ones are even better but almost feel a bit dull.. I have a Kx250 that goes from nothing to 60HP in about 500rpm as it tries to rip your arms from their sockets. Good times.
What have you done to that? I imagine they are about 40hp stock, 10 is doable, 20 is lots...

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Slight thread hijack, but I figure the petrolheads on here should be a good source. After a drivers side wing mirror for a 2014 Mitsu Outlander as the missus had an argument with the garage door. Have looked on evilbay which has one option, anyone know some good wreckers to hit up?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slight thread hijack, but I figure the petrolheads on here should be a good source. After a drivers side wing mirror for a 2014 Mitsu Outlander as the missus had an argument with the garage door. Have looked on evilbay which has one option, anyone know some good wreckers to hit up?
Maybe try to find a suitable Mitsi page on Facebook. They’ve usually got a source for spare parts. I’m in one for Pajero Sport. Surely there’s one for the Outlander.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There are a few wrecking on scumtree, most cars older than a few years get crushed pretty fast these days, hardly anything is interchangeable between models.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Tried my hand at some Ti welding today before I commit to a job on a racecar. Have never needed to weld Titanium so had an educated guess at some welder settings and gas flow rates and away I went. 3.5" tube 1mm wall.
Needs some tweaking but good enough.376122

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Have hammer, will fit.

Expensive ride sunday. Bonked a ledge and the old pipe leaks badly. Lost all bottom end power and had a 2 hr mission to get back to the car, had to ride it like a 125 which sucked.
So new pipe day! some DEP thing that’s thicker than stock. Keeping the stock silencer on because it’s pretty quiet and I like that.

Also ordered a seat cover from strike seats to replace the cover on the spare seat that’s faded and gross, so I can use that instead of the low seat that’s currently on the bike.

Tomorrow’s job is coolant flush and replacement, new gearbox oil and brake bleeds. New clutch arrived and ready to go after another 20hrs or so.